Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 won't rotate in follow mode

Reaction score
Hello!

Finally got an inspire 2 and having a unique issue. When I get the aircraft up, it won't rotate (yaw) with the left joystick when in follow mode. If I switch to free mode, I can get it to rotate, but then the camera stays fixed. Also if I switch to 'A Mode' on the controller it will rotate. Otherwise There is no way to get it to rotate. I have re calibrated all the options, made sure I'm not in a different camera mode, rebooted and reinstalled firmware. Any ideas??

I believe where you want to look is in the Gimbal > Advanced menu in GO 4. No doubt one of many settings in there is askew somewhere. Try searching for Inspire 1 or 2 settings as some have posted theirs.

Fwiw, I got issues with mine too and don't know why the gimbal yaw and aircraft yaw seem linked for me rather than having them separated: One for flying, and other for cinema off the gimbal. Need more work I guess. DJI isn't really good at explaining the menu settings stuff as some seem redundant higher up in the menu under the clover leaf too.

The reason they're linked Casey is easy... if you fly in follow mode, then the gimbal is effectively fixed like on the smaller phantoms i.e. no yaw, so the aircraft itself takes on the work of the gimbal and does the yaw damping - the setting mentioned above is the value for the damping effect. If it wasn't there, then when you turned or stopped the aircraft turning the video would be very very abrupt and clumsy in its moves.

(The I2 gimbal in follow mode is pretty much totally fixed whereas the Phantom gimbal has slight yaw ability.)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris.thedude