Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2?

I don't count the miles or Km.... i count the hours..... i have over 150 hours up with the Inspire... no problems here... well.... not counting the horizon issue .... don't understand why DJI has not fixed that...anyway... the Inspire is a wonderful UAV.... don't wait buy it....
many people say they do not have horizon issues and never did. Im pretty sure they are fairly new to the inspire and have the newer version and maybe this issue is only affecting older versions. or else the people saying they dont have this problem wouldnt know level if they were looking at a level bubble, lol! I have had mine since january and i have the tilted horizon as well, though depending on which direction its facing can be quite noticeable or not so much. Also over half my flight records have not been recorded for some reason so i cannot say for certain how many hours i have, but its a lot. 5 months or so are missing from my flight records.

Reactions: Steven Powter
many people say they do not have horizon issues and never did. Im pretty sure they are fairly new to the inspire and have the newer version and maybe this issue is only affecting older versions. or else the people saying they dont have this problem wouldnt know level if they were looking at a level bubble, lol! I have had mine since january and i have the tilted horizon as well, though depending on which direction its facing can be quite noticeable or not so much. Also over half my flight records have not been recorded for some reason so i cannot say for certain how many hours i have, but its a lot. 5 months or so are missing from my flight records.
if you want to get an idea of your hours.... count how many time your batteries have cycled ... 4 cycles = 1 hour approx...

if you want to get an idea of your hours.... count how many time your batteries have cycled ... 4 cycles = 1 hour approx...
good idea, 3 batteries at roughly 36 charges each plus 2 more at around 5, only around 27 or so hours and I fly 3 batteries almost every day, you have 150 hours? yikes, thats a lot of batteries. ever wear one out? if so how many charges did it have, and how many charges is on your oldest one you still use?

good idea, 3 batteries at roughly 36 charges each plus 2 more at around 5, only around 27 or so hours and I fly 3 batteries almost every day, you have 150 hours? yikes, thats a lot of batteries. ever wear one out? if so how many charges did it have, and how many charges is on your oldest one you still use?
my batteries range from 120 to 10 charges .... i have 12 batteries.... yes i still use it.... the 120 is showing 70% life.....

not bad, good to know, thanks. any noticeable decrease in flight time on that one compared to a newer one?

my batteries range from 120 to 10 charges .... i have 12 batteries.... yes i still use it.... the 120 is showing 70% life.....
no i am still averaging around 15 min a battery on all of them... its important to store and cycle them properly.... if you want them to last,,,,

cool, thanks again. i was wondering how often i was gonna have to buy a new 200$ battery that should cost no more than $50, lol

I don't understand the desire for zoom. The glass would be heavy, the results would get very unstable the more you zoom from a shaky platform.

This is exactly what it's like. For some of my survey stuff we had to use a 300mm lens, which was horrible, every movement of the uas was very extreme the footage was worse than the blair witch project...

If it could be done were the footage is stable than its pretty valuable for survey purposes.

This is exactly what it's like. For some of my survey stuff we had to use a 300mm lens, which was horrible, every movement of the uas was very extreme the footage was worse than the blair witch project...

If it could be done were the footage is stable than its pretty valuable for survey purposes.

Yeah, makes sense. Fly closer I think if you need closer zoom for now :)

While it probably wouldn't be any good for professional photography(it's borderline quality for this already) it would still be a useful feature if you were using it to inspect things like a roof or cell tower and trying to see detail from a safe distance or many other reasons. Don't need anything crazy like a 30x zoom but even a low level zoom would be helpful. It's not a hard feature to implement, don't like it then don't use it. It's like complaining that smartphone can be used like a credit card with the wireless chip in them that you just wave in front of the reader, don't use the feature and it doesn't affect you.

I guess like all technology it will continue to advance... and what is not possible today will be possible in the future... this is just the beginning of something wonderful... and ... we are the lucky ones to be involved in its beginning..... nice to see you on line Damon...

Gotta love the inspire
If we're on flights I have clocked 15h23mins running 230016 meters with 239 flights had an issue with a motor losing power a month ago dji got my inspire sorted an back to me within two weeks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clubthirteen