Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Idiot Props

Never any issues here with my red props raddle after inserting foam. I haven’t seen many post on the stocks coming off. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen but I’ve been fine with stock on both my I1 and I2.

Never any issues here with my red props raddle after inserting foam. I haven’t seen many post on the stocks coming off. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen but I’ve been fine with stock on both my I1 and I2.

I'm sure there has been a I2 prop out there that has come off but considering the numbers, stock props have been perfectly fine. Yes, some people have concern about long-term effects of vibration due to the rattle that is existent at low RPMs. Has not been an area of concern with hundreds of hours on our I2s and many thousands of hours between our users, some flying just about every single day for rigorous production work.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Seems like dJI may have planned some motor bearing life testing with there Inspire2 props. I have never found any info on them addressing the rattling issue. The superglue fix buildup works for awhile but it's a sorry way to fix a manufacturing problem on a 3,000 dollar drone. I now have 2 sets of folding props and they work great besides not having to take them off all the time.

I have the factory props. Red ones are a tad loose and could rattle. I don’t hear them rattle. The machine is smooth and shows zero issues.

I am a newb to this industry though. And I’m not afraid to learn. I really like the folding props that are offered by FDS, but don’t like the fact they would kill my warranty.

I certainly understand your concern about the warranty. I considered that, too, but made the switch to "fixed" props very soon after purchasing my I2 for the following reasons:
1) Whether or not I ever have forewarning of an imminent prop disaster it is fair to assume that any shimmying through the prop's axis of rotation is likely to result in needless wear on the bearings. I'd rather just know that I'm avoiding that and the cost of that peace of mind is pretty low; 2) Although I can never know how legitimate any given complaint is, the sheer volume of complaints about DJI "service" (warranty or not) is worrisome, to say the least. I'd rather avoid needing service to the extent that I can - if I can; 3) There is so much technology jammed into these little packages - stuff that I certainly cannot "fix" - it just made sense to me to get ahead of the one problem I thought I could see coming - even if I was wrong about it; and 4) I knew a year was going to go by mighty fast and I figured that would be about the time that I'd start seeing real motor problems if my concern about the props was well-founded - at which point the warranty would be a moot point anyway.

I'm glad I switched my props.

I have the factory props. Red ones are a tad loose and could rattle. I don’t hear them rattle. The machine is smooth and shows zero issues.

I am a newb to this industry though. And I’m not afraid to learn. I really like the folding props that are offered by FDS, but don’t like the fact they would kill my warranty.
I have the Tmotor folding winglet propellers that I purchased from Florida Drone Supply and yes they will violate the warranty but if something happens I would reinstall the stock propellers before I even thought about sending it to them for any service work. They are easily removed and then you can install the stock mounting plates and propellers before you have to send it to them. The advantages and performance of the Tmotor folding winglet propellers is so much better than the stock ones it’s not funny!! Much more sensitivity, control, and I think they give me a little more flight time as well.
And not having to fool around with installing/removing the stock propellers every time I wanna fly makes them well worth the extra few dollars.

a stupid person.
synonyms: fool, ***, halfwit, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, moron, imbecile, simpleton;
informaldope, ninny, nincompoop, chump, dimwit, dumbo, dummy, dum-dum, loon, dork, sap, jackass, blockhead, jughead, bonehead, knucklehead, fathead, butthead, numbskull, numbnuts, dumb-***, doofus, clod, dunderhead, ditz, lummox, knuckle-dragger, dipstick, thickhead, meathead, meatball, wooden-head, airhead, pinhead, lamer, lamebrain, peabrain, birdbrain, mouth-breather, scissorbill, jerk, nerd, donkey, nitwit, twit, boob, twerp, hoser, schmuck, bozo, turkey, chowderhead, dingbat, mook;
vulgar slangasshat

If your using Quick Release Props:confused:

You need to stop:mad:

Before someone gets hurt:(

Keep the UAV community safe:cool:

I had a quick release prop come off on my I1 after 4 flights. Came off after quick decent and stop. Major damage obviously. Thank the man that I was on an empty golf course and no one got hurt.

What options are they for the inspire 2as far as props go the ones that came with my inspire 2work fine is there a problem with them
I purchased the Tmotor carbon fiber winglet folding propellers from Florida Drone Supply ($225) a couple months ago and they’re probably the best ones I’ve used. I have better control, sensitivity, and a few minutes more flight time as well. The best thing about them is that I don’t have to take them off and on every time I wanna go fly which saves me lots of time getting ready for a flight. Previously I had Coptermax carbon fiber folding propellers but these new ones are awesome.
I hope this answers your question??

I have the Tmotor folding winglet propellers that I purchased from Florida Drone Supply and yes they will violate the warranty but if something happens I would reinstall the stock propellers before I even thought about sending it to them for any service work. They are easily removed and then you can install the stock mounting plates and propellers before you have to send it to them. The advantages and performance of the Tmotor folding winglet propellers is so much better than the stock ones it’s not funny!! Much more sensitivity, control, and I think they give me a little more flight time as well.
And not having to fool around with installing/removing the stock propellers every time I wanna fly makes them well worth the extra few dollars.

That makes absolute sense to me. I recently bought the "winglets" but haven't installed them yet, but for what maybe a kinda silly reason. I already have the T-Motor fixed props on my I2 and they work great. When I remove them for the folding ones I suspect I'll never look back to them again, which seems such a shame because they really are nice props. Also, the thought of unscrewing the non-folding ones from the motors and re-installing screws for the new ones puts me in the position of doing exactly what I didn't want to do in the first place - messing with the screws in the motors. Of course, I'll do it, but JEEZ!

That makes absolute sense to me. I recently bought the "winglets" but haven't installed them yet, but for what maybe a kinda silly reason. I already have the T-Motor fixed props on my I2 and they work great. When I remove them for the folding ones I suspect I'll never look back to them again, which seems such a shame because they really are nice props. Also, the thought of unscrewing the non-folding ones from the motors and re-installing screws for the new ones puts me in the position of doing exactly what I didn't want to do in the first place - messing with the screws in the motors. Of course, I'll do it, but JEEZ!
There wasn’t anything about taking the screws out that posed a problem for me. If you didn’t tighten up the ones you used when you installed the other ones you’ll be fine. The screws for the winglet ones are a different size so don’t get them mixed up. I hope you install the winglet props because you’re probably right you won’t go back after you fly with them a couple times. I saved the old folding ones for backup because I will never go back to the stock propellers again!!
Not having to fool around with taking props on and off every time I wanna go fly saves me so much time it’s not funny .

Well, I had a helluva time getting them out - but I got them out! The fixed props that I just removed weren't T-Motor after all. Their hubs mounted to the motors with torx-head screws, rather than hex-screws. It appears that I mounted them TOO TIGHTLY. I learned that I much prefer the hex-heads to the torx-heads. Anyway, (WHEW!) it's done.

Whe
Well, I had a helluva time getting them out - but I got them out! The fixed props that I just removed weren't T-Motor after all. Their hubs mounted to the motors with torx-head screws, rather than hex-screws. It appears that I mounted them TOO TIGHTLY. I learned that I much prefer the hex-heads to the torx-heads. Anyway, (WHEW!) it's done.
When I took the original props off I had to use a heat gun to loosen up the torx screws that DJI had used. I’m with you I don’t like torx screws either. They’re supposed to be better than hex head screws but I think they strip out easier than the hex ones.
But you got it done and that’s what counts. Now I think you’ll see how much better the new ones will fly.

Whe

When I took the original props off I had to use a heat gun to loosen up the torx screws that DJI had used. I’m with you I don’t like torx screws either. They’re supposed to be better than hex head screws but I think they strip out easier than the hex ones.
But you got it done and that’s what counts. Now I think you’ll see how much better the new ones will fly.
And it’s a good idea to use some blue (medium) loctite just to be sure that they don’t loosen up while you’re up in the air.

When I replaced the stock DJI prop mounts about a year ago (in the vein hope it might cure the rattly red prop issue) I had one hell of a time with several of the screws. One actually snapped in the process and I had to drill it out, not easy. Maybe heat would have helped ...

After that experience I fitted the replacement DJI prop mounts without thread lock and they have been fine ever since.

This made fitting the T-motor cf props a breeze. I then ran with them for a couple of weeks and once I felt happy with their performance I re-installed them with a small amount of thread lock. I just hope I don’t regret that decision in the future!

I think the stock mounts are trouble from the factory and would always have the rattling problems just due to the way they are designed. The fact that they are designed to be so called “quick release” creates a weak point in a very important connection to the motors. I was never happy with that system and I am glad I went to the fixed mounts of the Tmotor props.
I don’t know about your bird but the quick release props on my I2 never were quick to use and I had to struggle each time I went to fly putting them on and off. Goodbye and good riddance!! And I could tell that the way they were loose after connecting that down the road there was going to be trouble. I’m just happy to have found the different props.

I don’t know about your bird but the quick release props on my I2 never were quick to use and I had to struggle each time I went to fly putting them on and off. Goodbye and good riddance!! And I could tell that the way they were loose after connecting that down the road there was going to be trouble. I’m just happy to have found the different props.

I’d agree, the I2 mounts were often stiff to engage yet they still left the props lose. I don’t know why DJI didn’t just stick with the I1 design, which has served me well for many years.

There are ENDLESS posts going back to the original release of the I2 about the stock props and mounts (rattling; loose; too tight; etc - opinion after opinion) on the DJI forum. Check that out and decide for yourself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide