Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Idiot Props

And it’s a good idea to use some blue (medium) loctite just to be sure that they don’t loosen up while you’re up in the air.
I used blue Loctite on the former replacement "fixed" propellors, which came with their own torx-head screws. When I tried to remove them to put on the winglet/folders the heads immediately stripped right out. I ended up using a rotary tool to CUT through the sides of their mounting hubs, just under where the screw heads used to be. After lifting the hubs off I was able to twist what was left of the screw shafts out with vise-grips. Let me tell you... I was sweating my a__ off until I felt those screws loosen!! Today I finally had the chance to fly the I2 with the new winglet style folding props and, in the end, it was all worth it. Even just being able to fold the props and turn them all inward while carrying the aircraft out to a field is....NICE - and the aircraft DOES fly very well. I haven't even used the original stock case yet, something I'll be able to do now even though the props stay on, but I wish I had done this DAY ONE after I bought the I2. I will be putting a set of these props on my back-up I2 also. It's a no-brainer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi