Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

If you own an Inspire 1, we have jobs for you!!!

We are a startup in San Francisco Bay Area, we currently have contracts in place with major insurance companies and at the moment we are mostly focused on gathering data related to roof inspections for our clients using DJI Inspire and equivalent.

We are exempt under FAA section 333 and in compliance with all the local and federal regulations. Currently we have jobs lined up all over the country! In areas that we are well established, we usually get 10 - 20 jobs every 2 weeks.

Here are the quick steps to get started with BetterView :

1. Sign up as an operator : Fly For Us : BetterView
2. Complete Background check
3. Complete a Test Flight.
4. Sign the contract that we send.
5. Make appointment with the onsite contact and FLY!!
6. Upload Photos
7. Get Paid!!
8. Get ready for next jobs!
Armin,
We have many companies come and go on the forum all offering the same 'service'
Can you please post your rates of pay that the actual UAV operator receives?
If you secure a client and have a contract in place with that client how is liability insurance attached? Do you cover the PL cover or how do you operate a 'cut-thru' arrangement whereby you expect the UAV operator to accept all the risk?
What are your terms of trade (how many days before the person doing the job gets paid?) - that one seems to be covered on your site as quoting 2 days. So does Betterview pay the operator before the client pays Betterview?
What happens if the client does not pay? Presumably in this instance, since the UAV operators contract will be with yourself and not the client you bare the cost, pay the operator and then you worry about credit control and chasing the client?

Reactions: pixl45 and Kilrah
Armin,
We have many companies come and go on the forum all offering the same 'service'
Can you please post your rates of pay that the actual UAV operator receives?
If you secure a client and have a contract in place with that client how is liability insurance attached? Do you cover the PL cover or how do you operate a 'cut-thru' arrangement whereby you expect the UAV operator to accept all the risk?
What are your terms of trade (how many days before the person doing the job gets paid?) - that one seems to be covered on your site as quoting 2 days. So does Betterview pay the operator before the client pays Betterview?
What happens if the client does not pay? Presumably in this instance, since the UAV operators contract will be with yourself and not the client you bare the cost, pay the operator and then you worry about credit control and chasing the client?
Ya, I have to wonder about this. I clicked on the link and it stated that there is an immediate demand for work where I live. I rather doubt it.

Reactions: The Editor
I think it's rather rude to 'pee in anyone's cheerios', when they post an ad offering services. And if he was an 'approved vendor', this wouldn't happen because he is paying money. As he stated, he is a start-up, let the guy start his business and don't have him account in public like this. So what if many are offering the same 'service', that's what happens when you are a part of a drone community.

Ya, I have to wonder about this. I clicked on the link and it stated that there is an immediate demand for work where I live. I rather doubt it.

Yep, the first city is always something near your location. On my PC it shows as immediate needs in my town. On the work VPN, it shows as near that office. Just a ploy.

Reactions: Kilrah
Ah, ok. I'm only suspect because they state they have jobs lined up across the country. (The US). When I log on to their site, I find that there is work in my country! This begs the question... Why would someone in my country approach a startup company in San Francisco to shoot a roof in Charlottetown Canada? This raises flags for me right away. No hard feelings __1__

I think it's rather rude to 'pee in anyone's cheerios', when they post an ad offering services. And if he was an 'approved vendor', this wouldn't happen because he is paying money. As he stated, he is a start-up, let the guy start his business and don't have him account in public like this. So what if many are offering the same 'service', that's what happens when you are a part of a drone community.
He would get exactly the same questions from me whether he had approved vendor status or not.
The community has a right to transparency regarding rates of pay and protection under terms of insurance coverage.

I talked to them about the pay operators receive and it's typically $50 per job. Let me say that again.. $50 xxxxxxx dollars - I smell a bankrupt startup in the near future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I talked to them about the pay operators receive and it's typically $50 per job. Let me say that again.. $50 fucking dollars - I smell a bankrupt startup in the near future.

Well, there's a sucker born every minute and think about all the new P4 professional advice resistant pilots flooding the market soon with their toys :)

Chris

I talked to them about the pay operators receive and it's typically $50 per job. Let me say that again.. $50 xxxxxxx dollars - I smell a bankrupt startup in the near future.
Yes... I wouldn't even take the time to send an email to ask where the job is for that.

The best thing is if you got the sack and lost the job, you wouldn't miss the money.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop