Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I'm being offered a refurb from DJI. Should I be happy, or more angry than I already am?

Reaction score
I'm going to try and make this as short as possible.

1. I crashed my I1 in April. Gimbal popped off, battery broken out of back, no arms broken, no case cracks, all 4 props broken. Best I can describe the crash is: I pushed the sticks left and it went right into some branches and fell about 10 feet onto it's back. I sent it in to DJI, and it was deemed a fault of the craft and they repaired it under warranty. Took just over 7 weeks.

2. Got it back, and it then wouldn't set dynamic home point. I tried in many locations, it threw errors about low GPS signal from MC. I always had many GPS bars for flying. They asked me to send it back for repair again.
I couldn't send it back immediately for reasons too boring to explain here, and they said the'd honor an *escalated RMA* through mid July. Escalated in DJI world means you will have it back within 10 days of them receiving the unit.

3. I sent it back to get the dynamic home point fixed. They emailed 5 days later listing 3 major things they fixed. Nothing mentioned about dynamic home point being tested, etc..and the things they listed as repaired I was surprised (to say the least) were not *found OR fixed* the last time they had it.

4. It Was returned to me two days ago..9 days total. Pretty good.The box it came in was clean and unharmed (by Fed Ex), but one of the feet on the I1 black case was completely smashed...obviously happened at DJI. Bummer..but let's see the bird fly, right?

5. Dynamic home point still throws the same error. Nothing different at all. Nothing.

6. I immediately created a support ticket through their Zendesk, and called to follow up. I've learned it's smart to create a ticked with the problems to create a paper trail, and then to follow up with a call. Better than calling and start bitching. This way they can read it and respond more clearly.

7. After a pretty long talk on the phone yesterday with two guys who were very kind and understanding I got an email this morning stating that they are offering me a fully warrantied refurb.

So--my thoughts are:
1. I'm happy the issue is being dealt with at some level without having to send it back for repair a 3rd time.
2. I'm happy that the refurb is warrantied like a new one.
3. I'm bummed and scared that the refurb is one like mine that is "tested and flown" even though it still has problems and is sent out.
4. I'm disappointed and angry that 5 months after I bought this expensive machine that I will have a refurb.

Despite all this, I have to say that I have flown my Inspire many many times, have invested in 6 TB48 batteries, and really love the platform. Sigh..
Fingers crossed.

I'd be a little pissed too but is the refurbished one the same version as what you sent them?? If I send them a Version D, then I'd better ger a Version D back. It's obvious they couldn't fix yours, you might as well give this one a shot and see what happens.

I'd be a little pissed too but is the refurbished one the same version as what you sent them?? If I send them a Version D, then I'd better ger a Version D back. It's obvious they couldn't fix yours, you might as well give this one a shot and see what happens.
great question. Not sure what version I have. I haven't sent it back yet today. Any way I can check? I got it in mid feb.

2. Got it back, and it then wouldn't set dynamic home point. I tried in many locations, it threw errors about low GPS signal from MC.
Dynamic home point (which is not actually dynamic) uses the GPS from the RC, not the aircraft. It's well known that holding the remote up helps, beyond that there have been firmware improvements to the sensitivity. You likely sent your machine back for nothing.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
How does one tell what version you have

We just went through this as well, received the refurb last week and it has been flying perfectly with no issues for about 30 flights now.

I don't think they would send out a refurb with open issues.

Hope that helps....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44