Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Important Battery Update for M200/M210

Florida Drone Supply

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.floridadronesupply.com
DJI has published an important update to the TB50 and TB55 batteries to optimize battery level tracking algorithm to more accurately track power level and flight time.

How to Update:
Download and install DJI Assistant 2: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/dji_assistant/20171113/DJI+Assistant+2+1.1.8.exe

Install batteries into aircraft , then connect aircraft to your PC.

Start DJI Assistant 2

Update aircraft firmware to V1.01.0500 (Matrice 200 Series)

When update is completed, take out the batteries and set them aside for 90 minutes, then they will be ready to work again.

If you have more than one pairs of batteries, please swap and repeat this process to update all of them.

Via DJI GO 4 (Updating via DJI Pilot is not currently available but will be added soon)
Please check your aircraft firmware version and ensure it is V1.01.0500 (Matrice 200 Series)

If your aircraft firmware version is not above-mentioned versions, please use DJI Assistant 2 for updating. Install batteries to aircraft, then power on the aircraft.

The aircraft will check its firmware version automatically. When it informs that the aircraft and battery firmware versions are inconsistent, just slide the bar to update firmware.

When update is completed, take out the batteries and set them aside for 90 minutes, then they will be ready to work again.

If you have more than one pairs of batteries, please swap and repeat this process to update all of them.

The TB50 battery is also used in the Inspire 2. Does same warning apply?

Fwiw, there is some issue with Windows 10-64x and its Defender Anti-Virus identifying the new version 1.1.8 of Assistant 2 as having a Trojan within it. More here: DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.8 not working Windows latest, but V1.1.6 ...
Somehow, DJI software scares me for more problems that it often creates. :eek:
We definitely understand the problems fixed vs problems created conversation!

The way we understand it, it is only an update for people using TB50 and TB55 in an M200 series drone. Inspire 2 TB50s can be used in an M200 / M210 but when you attach them to an M200 series they give you the "Inconsistent Firmware - Slide to Update" message. This installs a piece of firmware that allows the M200 series to use the Inspire 2 TB50. Its this firmware that needs to be updated. The bulletin did not indicate any Inspire 2 updates were required.

Well, I downloaded the new Assistant 2 1.1.8 and Windows Defender popped up a Severe red notice in lower right corner some time later and deleted it (Moved it to quarantine.). Wonder what happens if one is using it and Windows finds it and moves it while it is running? Trash your computer, or trash your drone. Take your pick.

DJI needs to fix their buggy software. It's as if they never test anything and just put it out there. Sales ahead of betas.

IMPORTANT NOTE

It’s important and highly recommended after updating this firmware you allows the packs to rest for 90 Minutes, they are doing a Calibration and it’s vital that completes before you do anything with them.

Remember to

Update all batteries
Allow them to settle for 90 Minutes.

If you forget to update a set in the field and your promoted to update I would not fly that set until they have rested for 90 minutes, to avoid any issues here make sure all packs are updated and allowed to rest.

Also you can use the updated packs in the I2 with out problems BUT you will be prompted with a slide to update message, Ignore this just fly and do not update.

Can you guys add this to the main post it’s important.

Info posted by Blade Strike and Tahoe Ed in other places.

Last edited:
For my clarification...
If TB50’s updated in M200 series, when placed in I2, they will be prompted to update, and if allowed will cause overwriting M200 series FW? That hopefully gets resolved where FW is consistent or contains code for both platforms... don’t really want to separate TB50’s and don’t want to continuing ignoring I2 FW prompts, or require an additional round of 90 minute delay.

What type of calibration is occurring in each single, since each single is not aware of their mate... which is 1 of the reported original issues of concern in recent FW ordeal.

Additional thoughts...
The malware newly identified in DJI Asst is concerning, this is a Chinese company and they have been previously identified practicing improper collection tactics... which I believe still prohibites installing on Fed. Govt hardware. The question.... is malware a false positive or real, and have previous versions been false negatives?

I’m a supporter of improving technologies and smart battery development, but this battery FW issue shouldn’t be a major hurdle; if it is, then instead of additional “smart” controlling layers, remove or back off “smart” and restore more normal core LiPo operations based on voltage & cell balance... that continues to reliably work on other platforms. In my opinion, that’s 1 advantage of the S1000 vs M600PRO.

Has there been any update on the FW issue and U.K. Notice.. has that been dismissed or still issued? Any more incidents other than the 1 captured by Press and Notice was based... still find it hard to accept 1 Police CT unit’s M200 failures justified a U.K. Notice of caution to operate.

This FW is the 2nd “patch” update, and still exhibited compatibility issues. Is their “talk” of a 3rd version or a finial corrective version in near future that restores fluid compatibility of TB50 platforms?

As it stands today the M200 batteries are on a step ahead firmware compared to the I2 hens the miss match fw message

When you allow the I2 to update it downgrades the battery to the previous firmware.

There should be be a second interim fix released this week for the M200 to deal with some of the issues seen around the last update with critical landing ect however this not the final fix, that is still to come once the 3rd party resolves the bug in there bit and DJI will then implement that.

I suspect this 2nd interim fix will be M200 only as these issues are not seen on the I2.

As for numbers I do not know but the CAA notice has been lifted as long as you have updated.

I would still advise to keep your batteries for each model separate as it stands to day until this is fully resolved.

For my clarification...
If TB50’s updated in M200 series, when placed in I2, they will be prompted to update, and if allowed will cause overwriting M200 series FW? That hopefully gets resolved where FW is consistent or contains code for both platforms... don’t really want to separate TB50’s and don’t want to continuing ignoring I2 FW prompts, or require an additional round of 90 minute delay.

What type of calibration is occurring in each single, since each single is not aware of their mate... which is 1 of the reported original issues of concern in recent FW ordeal.

Additional thoughts...
The malware newly identified in DJI Asst is concerning, this is a Chinese company and they have been previously identified practicing improper collection tactics... which I believe still prohibites installing on Fed. Govt hardware. The question.... is malware a false positive or real, and have previous versions been false negatives?

I’m a supporter of improving technologies and smart battery development, but this battery FW issue shouldn’t be a major hurdle; if it is, then instead of additional “smart” controlling layers, remove or back off “smart” and restore more normal core LiPo operations based on voltage & cell balance... that continues to reliably work on other platforms. In my opinion, that’s 1 advantage of the S1000 vs M600PRO.

Has there been any update on the FW issue and U.K. Notice.. has that been dismissed or still issued? Any more incidents other than the 1 captured by Press and Notice was based... still find it hard to accept 1 Police CT unit’s M200 failures justified a U.K. Notice of caution to operate.

This FW is the 2nd “patch” update, and still exhibited compatibility issues. Is their “talk” of a 3rd version or a finial corrective version in near future that restores fluid compatibility of TB50 platforms?
If you have TB50/55 pairs upgraded to .77 FW version (with temporary safety patch for M200 series) you can ignore firmware mismatch warning which will appear with Inspire 2. DJI will solve incompatibility issue in next M200 FW upgrade, which should be released any day now.

If you have TB50/55 pairs upgraded to .77 FW version (with temporary safety patch for M200 series) you can ignore firmware mismatch warning which will appear with Inspire 2. DJI will solve incompatibility issue in next M200 FW upgrade, which should be released any day now.

Just to be clear this 2nd interim fix may not solve the mismatch yet that probably won’t happen until the final fix is released on all the models and they are on the same level again.

Just to be clear this 2nd interim fix may not solve the mismatch yet that probably won’t happen until the final fix is released on all the models and they are on the same level again.
Actually, reguarding this TB50/55 battery issue, the one recently released was the 2nd FW update to address the issue. Although many indicated the 1st didn't update battery FW, the 1st release back in Nov was DJI's response to address the Battery issue. The Dec release is the 2nd, and updates battery FW, the 3rd soon to be released is to address M2 & I2 platform versions... maybe, and a 4th longer range version to get things back into full operations.

Yep, understood the M2 & I2 had different TB50 versions... 1 rev newer, which was my point indirectly. Skipping or ignoring I2 FW notice (downgrading) is understood under these circumstances, but that's basically what caused the UK Police CT issue, they weren't updating promptly and got mixed FW in their inventory.

Was there any more info on what the 90 minute side line calibration is performing, if one of the issues were pairs weren't in sync. I would assume the pair would need to sync together... that would be a pain consuming the M2's time but beyond cell balance calibration, what calibration is it performing in 90 minutes... to me it sounds like battery performing it's own Cell Balance operation without being plugged into a charger sync cable. If so, that would be something of interest if we could trigger that operation at times as a maintence procedure to balance cells.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry