Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Indoor Flying and RTH

Reaction score
I did a search and could not find if this question has been asked in the past here..

Lets say I have my RTH (Return To Home) altitude set at 200 feet (@61 Meters)..While flying indoors, I activate the RTH feature, or my transmitter battery fails, or I turn off the transmitter, or loose connectivity ..You get the idea...

Will the Inspire automatically climb and hit the ceiling and crash if RTH is activated? Should the default RTH altitude be changed while flying indoors?

I don't do indoor flying but the other day I flew the Inspire through an open barn and while flying it through and inside the barn, this question popped into my head..

thanks in advance...

I did a search and could not find if this question has been asked in the past here..

Lets say I have my RTH (Return To Home) altitude set at 200 feet (@61 Meters)..While flying indoors, I activate the RTH feature, or my transmitter battery fails, or I turn off the transmitter, or loose connectivity ..You get the idea...

Will the Inspire automatically climb and hit the ceiling and crash if RTH is activated? Should the default RTH altitude be changed while flying indoors?

I don't do indoor flying but the other day I flew the Inspire through an open barn and while flying it through and inside the barn, this question popped into my head..

thanks in advance...

RTH only works if the Inspire has GPS lock and you are able to set a Home Point. Indoors it's unlikely that you'd have a GPS lock and would therefore be flying in P-ATTI or straight ATTI with VPS assist. If for some reason you could get GPS lock indoors and were able to set a new Home Point, then yes, it would do the same as outdoors if you select RTH. You have to hold down the RTH button for 3 secs to activate it, so I doubt you would do so accidentally.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla