Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inexpensive Practice Quad Ideas?

Reaction score
Anyone can recommend an inexpensive drone or quad just for added stick time? I'm sure someone will mention the flight sim; I'm look for something indoor which won't tear up too much, but decent purchase. Any suggestions would be apppeciated!

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

From around £30 in the UK ($40) you can get a Hubson X4. Good for using indoors (with a prop guard!), very sensitive but great for developing your flying skills. It's small and light so I find it needs to be very calm to fly outdoors. They also do a version with a 2mp camera.

Have a look here:

Yeah, I took a look at that one; wasn't certain of how well it flied, thanks...will grab one today

Try a Phantom 3 Standard or one of the older drones that recently got upgraded. The Phantom 3 Standard though would certainly be a choice to consider.

Reactions: Enal
Try a Phantom 3 Standard or one of the older drones that recently got upgraded. The Phantom 3 Standard though would certainly be a choice to consider.
To fly indoor?I know cheaper examples like the one mentioned above.

I'll second the vote for Hubsan, even though you have already bought one. Just in case others read this thread. I've had many of the micro quads, and the Hubsan craps on all others, and every single part can be bought - you could literally build one just from spares available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now if I could just get my hands on a Mavic

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
I also thought about that, it's very good option for safe indoor flight.
But I think you may feel more comfortable to try new things like navigating between chairs or moving trough holes with something cheaper. Those skills maybe are not very essential for the typical aerial shooting you'll do with the inspire most of the time but such a skills are building confidence trough the time practicing. I'm using my ch10 for training to fly in circle while keeping the altitude, hoovering with nose in, flying backwards while doing some left and right turns, following imaginary trajectory and etc.

I'd recommend the Syma X8G. It is identical in size to a Phantom and will teach you how to really fly a Quad without smart functions (except Headless mode.) It's also built well and can survive some light crashes. WELL worth a smaller investment.
61S6AqY%2B3YL._SL1000_.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris.thedude