Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspak Pro/X5 Core - Extra Prop vs. Extra Battery

Reaction score
Hi pilots,

The container is here in Atlanta but it's too late to deliver today. They'll bring it to our warehouse 9AM tomorrow and we'll notify all waiting customers as soon as we unload them.

Just one more day!

Limited quantity though, so get yours quick. :D

Attachments

• 1604941245.jpg
    1604941245.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 132
I guess you have been able to take measurements by now. Any idea yet when the X5 version will be avail ? thank you !
We're finishing up the 3D modeling today. I'll post some screen captures once we finalize. There will also be a formable hipbelt to carry extra batteries coming soon.

We're finishing up the 3D modeling today. I'll post some screen captures once we finalize. There will also be a formable hipbelt to carry extra batteries coming soon.
This nice to know but the hipbelt..I hope u guy make a DJI Osmo case that holds 3-5 batteries and phone with the DJI Osmo...keep us informed because we need 1..thnx again for the hard work

Reactions: gogowanda
This nice to know but the hipbelt..I hope u guy make a DJI Osmo case that holds 3-5 batteries and phone with the DJI Osmo...keep us informed because we need 1..thnx again for the hard work

We'll be on a hunt for an Osmo in Atlanta then.

Reactions: badbiggz
We're finalizing the X5/Pro core design, and I want to hear about your opinions on extra batteries vs. extra props.

The pro cam is too big to stay attached so it's in the box. that gives us some extra room for either 4 extra props or 2 extra batteries. The pack now holds at least 6 props (It may fit 8) on the top lid, and 3 batteries. I can either add 4 extra props (10 in total) below the drone or 2 extra batteries (5 in total). I'm leaning towards 2 extra batteries. But I'd like to hear from you before we flip the coin.
InspakPro ED1 Bottom_Battery.JPG InspakPro ED1 Bottom_Prop.JPG

I also would suggest batteries , but although I know it is complicated and costly in my opinion you need to find a way to keep camera attached, which is the main feature of your design. It may be necessary to redesign the backpack adding a bit of depth (thickness) but it will be worthwhile. I would also consider and option B core without the camera box that takes batteries instead and perhaps even an option C core for 1 remote control only.

Agreed the camera has to stay on, it's THE feature of your offering and the main interest for everybody I've been talking to about it.
And for the extra space, batteries. If you break more than 2 props on a shoot you likely don't have a flyable craft anymore anyway, on the other hand you never have too many batteries.

Just hope it will be faster, i.e. that it will be available before DJI comes up with the next model unlike this time - we've had loved one, but unfortunately the day it was announced to be finally available pretty much matched the one we put our original I1 for sale to replace it with the Pro - back to square one ;)

Agreed the camera has to stay on, it's THE feature of your offering and the main interest for everybody I've been talking to about it.
And for the extra space, batteries. If you break more than 2 props on a shoot you likely don't have a flyable craft anymore anyway, on the other hand you never have too many batteries.

Just hope it will be faster, i.e. that it will be available before DJI comes up with the next model unlike this time - we've had loved one, but unfortunately the day it was announced to be finally available pretty much matched the one we put our original I1 for sale to replace it with the Pro - back to square one ;)

My thought on the camera being removed is that operators may want their expensive cam in its original box. The OEM gimbal lock is flimsy too. As the product designer we'd always want to stay on the safer side. But, of course, if enough pilots think otherwise we'd definitely give it another round of brainstorm.

Will the X5 camera fir in the existing shell size or do you definitely need a deeper shell for it to fit ?
My preference is once again to have the camera attached, but being able to at least keep the inspire (even without camera fitted ) in landing mode is already an advantage although fitting and removing camera all the time is a pain and could easily bring long term , dirt near contacts.
If camera if off bird, not sure however we need to make space for original box which is huge. I think camera can be nicely accommodated within a dedicated cut compartment in the foam of the backpack.

Will the X5 camera fir in the existing shell size or do you definitely need a deeper shell for it to fit ?
My preference is once again to have the camera attached, but being able to at least keep the inspire (even without camera fitted ) in landing mode is already an advantage although fitting and removing camera all the time is a pain and could easily bring long term , dirt near contacts.
If camera if off bird, not sure however we need to make space for original box which is huge. I think camera can be nicely accommodated within a dedicated cut compartment in the foam of the backpack.

I feel your pain (of removing/installing cam), and we're on it. Stay tuned.

I vote camera on for X5 too.

It would be nice to have a foam insert for the hole where the x5 (with camera on AC) fits to make the correct size to fit the x3 as well. For you as manufacturers it would mean you only have one version to sell.

One question: Is the case deep enough that if i buy one now it will accomodate the longer legs needed for x5? (I realize i would have to modify the case myself)

I vote camera on for X5 too.

It would be nice to have a foam insert for the hole where the x5 (with camera on AC) fits to make the correct size to fit the x3 as well. For you as manufacturers it would mean you only have one version to sell.

One question: Is the case deep enough that if i buy one now it will accomodate the longer legs needed for x5? (I realize i would have to modify the case myself)

We did fit the X5 with our current case, with camera removed, the bird ends up sitting about 1/4" taller than X3. The top lid can be closed but we can't put the camera box back in.

What we'll end up doing is probably raise the top lid by half inch and accommodate both X5 and X3 with the new core.

if the inspak will allow leaving the X5 camera on, who wants also the space for the original camera case ? I would be interested to hear everybody's opinion. Would you not prefer extra battery compartments ? what could be fitted inside the second remote controller compartment if one only needs 1 ? any suggestions/ ideas ?

Reactions: duncanthecrow

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD