Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 automated POI performance

Reaction score
I do not own an Inspire 1, but rather a P3A that I am using as a learning tool. Recently I acquired 2 3rd party applications for iOS in support of the Phantom: Litchi and Airnest. I recently ran a test of the POI function of the GO app and I was disappointed in the results. Airnest seems to be a bit smoother. Here is a video illustrating this:

My question is this: Since the camera on the Inspire can pan 360 without the aircraft having to yaw, is the POI feature in Go smoother on the Inspire than it is on the Phantom?

Thanks!

Honestly, I would imagine you will generally get better functionality for those very specific use cases with the more focused third-party apps—Vertical Studio, Autopilot, Airnest, etc.—simply by virtue of the fact that those apps are going to be spending all their development time and resources on those features.

After all, those features—POI, follow, etc.—are the entire purpose of their app, rather than just a bullet-point in the feature list as with DJI GO.

I do not own an Inspire 1, but rather a P3A that I am using as a learning tool. Recently I acquired 2 3rd party applications for iOS in support of the Phantom: Litchi and Airnest. I recently ran a test of the POI function of the GO app and I was disappointed in the results. Airnest seems to be a bit smoother. Here is a video illustrating this:

My question is this: Since the camera on the Inspire can pan 360 without the aircraft having to yaw, is the POI feature in Go smoother on the Inspire than it is on the Phantom?

Thanks!
To be honest, how long do you want the drone to circle? Going by your clip, I would simply shoot at the lowest speed and speed up in post. I dont see the need to spin as fast as you are trying to do here. I would even shoot at 50fps and go to 25fps in post. Not a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare