Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 battery poped up and ofcourse crashed in tree

Reaction score
Hi

yep we did it, after flying my 3rd battery was around 60 m above ground when the battery popped up enough to disconnect ofcourse and have a complete unresponsive drone.

All ive learned in this is simple, very poor design on battery locks thats why next time il fly after fixing the broken 1 leg 2 landing gears and the gimbal moves very weird and gets hot quick on rotors.

now im asking for your kind advise and guidance, il need this info:

a good source and trustable for replacements parts

a proper screwing set to work with inspire 1

would be great to get a manual with all the parts so that i know what exactly i need to order.
At first sight ive noticed these issues:

- camera works yet gimbal buggy and overheats. Dji app says gimbal motor overload

- all 4 engine work

- sensor with sonar is damaged and thus the drone will go either in fly mode or landing mode. Yet the main engine for traction up and down works. ordered new sonar.

- 3 of 4 landing legs have broken suspension, ordered replacements for these.

what options are to fix the gimbal?

is it possible to find somewhere these pieces from the image? I have the whole other part of the vibration absorbant for camera.

i recall someone made some protection over the batteries so they cant pop up during flying are these somewhere for sale? Or just a self 3d printed home made.

s-l1600.jpgI would need this piece is there a part nr for this,or is not sold separately?

tempImageZTBQYa.png

tempImageVhhmoQ.png

Last edited:
Here is a suggestion ... Secure your battery to the frame using painter’s tape. That way the battery will not move while in flight. We always required our military students to secure the battery to the frame - nothing worse than dispatching troops to retrieve a drone bc the battery became dislodged.

Reactions: CosmicSound
With all due respect, the Inspire 1 battery has a very positive click. I've been flying Inspires for years...countless hours. I've never had a battery pop out. Now the P4P, THAT drone has a battery issue. It requires a DOUBLE-CLICK. If the pilot doesn't know this, the single click holds the battery "good enough" for take off and some gentle maneuvers. But any more than that and they can pop out. Like the Inspire, after hours of flying the P4P, I've never had a battery pop out...<knock on wood>. But double-clicking it has become muscle memory.

D

Reactions: niki
Can someone send me a document with the parts of inspire 1 one can order for self repair.

would appreciate if someone could explain me how i know what leg boom is broken from my side its left yet im not sure whats the position of the drone to pick the leg side. Can someone explain how is best to see what leg needs replacement?

thank you!

Hi

yep we did it, after flying my 3rd battery was around 60 m above ground when the battery popped up enough to disconnect ofcourse and have a complete unresponsive drone.

All ive learned in this is simple, very poor design on battery locks thats why next time il fly after fixing the broken 1 leg 2 landing gears and the gimbal moves very weird and gets hot quick on rotors.

now im asking for your kind advise and guidance, il need this info:

a good source and trustable for replacements parts

a proper screwing set to work with inspire 1

would be great to get a manual with all the parts so that i know what exactly i need to order.
At first sight ive noticed these issues:

- camera works yet gimbal buggy and overheats. Dji app says gimbal motor overload

- all 4 engine work

- sensor with sonar is damaged and thus the drone will go either in fly mode or landing mode. Yet the main engine for traction up and down works. ordered new sonar.

- 3 of 4 landing legs have broken suspension, ordered replacements for these.

what options are to fix the gimbal?

is it possible to find somewhere these pieces from the image? I have the whole other part of the vibration absorbant for camera.

i recall someone made some protection over the batteries so they cant pop up during flying are these somewhere for sale? Or just a self 3d printed home made.

View attachment 30594I would need this piece is there a part nr for this,or is not sold separately?

View attachment 30596

View attachment 30595
Oh Man,
I feel your pain. My son just crashed my 1v2 a couple of weeks ago. I replaced the broken arm/LG, but played hell soldering the antenna's back on. Also, GPS was unresponsive. I finally found a place called MultiCopter Warehouse in Denver. (No affiliation) and they fixed it perfectly. Cost me ~ $120 w/ shipping. Best money I ever spent on my sanity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin