Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 carbon props

Reaction score
Website
www.legendaryfpv.com
i just got some new props i will be testing soon, they CF Props and are a drop in replacement, they are self locked and can be used with the prop stoppers.

Props are 13x4.5 Gemfan

P.S.
if you are concern about damage to the inspire because your not using the recommended props by DJI, or any other concert about modifying your inspire this thread is not for you.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438884091.400419.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438884107.087759.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438884163.836879.jpg

comments on my first fly with them can be seen in post #18.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ascender
Aggressive and unnecessary comment removed by moderator. -mazz
How much do they cost and where can I get them?

Edited by Mazz

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Miltomix
i did not want to open thread with a link to a store as i am not here to promote anyone, the other info you are requesting is on the OP

also this props are relatively new, so i opened a thread for them, if you feel ofended by it feel free to add me to your ignore list.

nice, i just got a set too but havent tested them yet. I should do that today.

awesome, i got some wind today i hope to be able to test them in the next couple of days. i recommend having someway to measure motor temp.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
i just got some new props i will be testing soon, they CF Props and are a drop in replacement, they are self locked and can be used with the prop stoppers.

Props are 13x4.5 Gemfan

P.S.
if you are concern about damage to the inspire because your not using the recommended props by DJI, or any other concert about modifying your inspire this thread is not for you.

View attachment 3096
View attachment 3097
View attachment 3098
They look great! are they supposed to be better than original?

They look great! are they supposed to be better than original?
CF props are usually much better than their counter part (plastic or reinforced) their also usually pretty expensive, this are on the cheap side usually they require a lot of balancing work (props and hub) but after that they perform pretty well, i used gemfam props on other copters including a 5KG Y6

my guess here before testing them extensively is that they will perform better. (they are also way way more dangerous than the plastic or reinforced ones) as CF props will almost certainly cut deeper.

CF props are usually much better than their counter part (plastic or reinforced) their also usually pretty expensive, this are on the cheap side usually they require a lot of balancing work (props and hub) but after that they perform pretty well, i used gemfam props on other copters including a 5KG Y6

my guess here before testing them extensively is that they will perform better. (they are also way way more dangerous than the plastic or reinforced ones) as CF props will almost certainly cut deeper.
You mean cut deeper like if you do an Iglesias? :rolleyes:

i recommend having someway to measure motor temp.
why is that? they gonna run hotter than the stock ones or what? lol! I just flew 5 batteries back to back with the stock ones and the motor heatsinks werent even warm to the touch, but it is only 70 degrees out at the moment.

why is that? they gonna run hotter than the stock ones or what? lol! I just flew 5 batteries back to back with the stock ones and the motor heatsinks werent even warm to the touch, but it is only 70 degrees out at the moment.
Oh I do love the summer:).Sadly within a few months it will be over again:(

well i don't know, thats why verifying the temp is important, they may run hotter or not.

I dont see why/how they would, but im no engineer o_O

they probably won't, but unbalanced props can make the engines work harder and depending on how unbalanced they are a motor can draw from 2 to 4 more amps. in the I1 its kinda hard to measure all of this, but i done it in the past with my disco pro and some props do make the motors work harder.

at the end ended using wood props on my disco, best performance.

I've been running some carbons that I bought on ebay and I really like them. Much quieter than the stock props.

i fly with this yesterday, i have to say its pretty important to balance them as this are a roulette i have 4 pairs, most of them are so so, but 4 of them were horrible balanced (not sure if its an accurate word as this props are not dynamically balanced) i tried to fly with them before balancing and the vibration where pretty bad, and the amount of jello in the video at 4k was pretty notable.

that said, after balancing them, they work as good as any other high end props, very well no vibrations at all, sound and flight characteristics is as in my other multi-rotors. i will stop using the reinforced DJI props in favor os this ones, until i find a suitable XOAR wood replacement.

the motor did not get any hotter than with the stock props witch is a big plus their are almost plug and play replacement.

Haven't used mine yet, I have no way to balance them, the description leads me to believe they are already balanced and I don't know why anyone would sell/buy unbalanced props but I sent a msg too the seller asking for confirmation and am waiting for a reply.

I really don't wanna **** around balancing props, they should be balanced when they produce them. I wouldn't even know how to go about trying to balance one anyway so I hope they already are.

Haven't used mine yet, I have no way to balance them, the description leads me to believe they are already balanced and I don't know why anyone would sell/buy unbalanced props but I sent a msg too the seller asking for confirmation and am waiting for a reply.

I really don't wanna **** around balancing props, they should be balanced when they produce them. I wouldn't even know how to go about trying to balance one anyway so I hope they already are.

they are not, DJI props are not balanced correctly either, balancing props its not an easy task. and the professional props that comes balanced go for about $30 to $60 a pair if not more.

as far as i seem (and i seem quite a few props over the years) the only props that really come balanced are the XOAR wooden props and the Tmotor top line.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84