Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

inspire 1 connection issues in 2024

Reaction score
hey guys ive been looking around on here for a bit but im finding stuff from like 2016,

i bought an old inspire 1 thing looks to be in absolutely amazing shape. it didnt come with batteries so i found 3 used batteries that seem to all work. now im trying to connect to the dji go app. Not having any luck. Ive tied on my s24. an older galaxy tab a. and little bit older ipad. Not having any luck. the more i look into issues with these im not sure if im having a battery firmware issues. Or possibly bad use connectors on the controller. Or firmware issues. Was hoping to drum up some people that are still running these older drones. would love to get this thing flying.

Im in canada if that makes a difference

hey guys ive been looking around on here for a bit but im finding stuff from like 2016,

i bought an old inspire 1 thing looks to be in absolutely amazing shape. it didnt come with batteries so i found 3 used batteries that seem to all work. now im trying to connect to the dji go app. Not having any luck. Ive tied on my s24. an older galaxy tab a. and little bit older ipad. Not having any luck. the more i look into issues with these im not sure if im having a battery firmware issues. Or possibly bad use connectors on the controller. Or firmware issues. Was hoping to drum up some people that are still running these older drones. would love to get this thing flying.

Im in canada if that makes a difference
Hi there! I can tell you my similar story and see if this helps. I flew cheap hobby drones for a few years and knew little about DJI when I got my I1 a few years ago. It had sat in the case for over 6 years before a contractor friend of my father-in-law just gave it to me when he found it didn't work any more. He used it once for one job. The problem: the controller wouldn't link to the drone. If your drone is linking to the remote, then that's a good sign. In my case, I had to replace the $100 USB controller board on the remote-which also (I think) integrates the video feed. Super easy swap once I figured out what it was. I guess they can go bad after not being powered for years-or a least this one did. I was happy it worked on my 3rd gen iPhone SE, but needed a tablet. I found that my old galaxy tab 8 was too old and my iPad Air 5th gen was too new. DJI said they did not support the 5th gen with the M1 chip. I now use a 4th gen Air and the latest DJI go app and all works great. I'm sure they will use forced obsolescence to render our birds useless someday, but for now- I still love flying this monster. I hope this helps a little- at least to figure out what is not the problem. Good luck!

This may not be the same issue you are having but here is what I had and how it was resolved. I received an Inspire 1 Pro in a trade. Everything was complete and looked ready to fly. I set it up, the gimbal activated, the lights came on and the satellites signals connected. However, the live video feed did not come on and there was an error message NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL. I launched the drone and flew it visually. It flew perfectlly, the landing gear operated, the gimbal worked and all the map, altitude, battery level and other telemetry appeared on the screen. I activated the camera and shot a few video and still images even though I had no live feed. After landing, I checked the video and image files on the SD card and they worked perfectly. After a week of research on the issue of NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL, I learned that this is a common problem with the Inspire 1. Apparently the problem is one which is within the camera unit itself, perhaps a ribbon cable or connector. The only way to fix it is to repair or replace the camera. Therefore, I searched and found a good used replacement Zemuse X5 camera on eBay, negotiated an excellent price, got it home and swapped it out. That solution did fix the problem. I now have a good working Inspire 1 Pro with 4 good batteries, some filters, several sets of propellers, two chargers, and a single controller. By the way, if anyone is interested in it, PM me.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlo34