Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 crash avoidance system

Reaction score
Has anyone heard any chatter or does anyone know of a crash avoidance system for the inspire. I have seen other drones that have them with a much lower price point and surely DJI is looking or may even have one already! If so please share for the price we pay for these units a crash avoidance would spike their sales and save our drones.

Good and safe flying are part of owning any drone but I am one those folks just likes another level of potentially protecting my investment! Hopefully DJI will have a retro fit kit of some sort for the inspire when it does comes out for the expire.

Reactions: John Archer
Good and safe flying are part of owning any drone but I am one those folks just likes another level of potentially protecting my investment! Hopefully DJI will have a retro fit kit of some sort for the inspire when it does comes out for the expire.
They might incorporate it in the I2 and would be a good move for sales. But like Dave said just fly safe and keep practicing. The old saying practice makes perfect.

They might incorporate it in the I2 and would be a good move for sales. But like Dave said just fly safe and keep practicing. The old saying practice makes perfect.

I agree that you need to practice and that you should be a competent pilot, but they call them accidents for a reason and if obstacle avoidance will save my 4k investment I'm all for it.

As an RC pilot for many years I fully understand sensibility and practice. It was more along the lines of protecting my investment! Thank you for all your input and hopefully we will see something soon from DJI...

The Inspire is already too heavy due to a landing gear lifting system and X5 camera/gimbal, there's not much overhead for extra payload. 3D collision avoidance system may be implemented in DJI Matrice bird for significant amount of money, but only because there's enough juice to carry it on board.

Reactions: IrishSights
Hi guys, a team from the Philippines are in the final stages of developing a collision avoidance system for drones, its part of their package which allows a drone to fly safely at night. Awhile ago they were testing out on their DJI Matrice and Inspire 1, looks promising. Check it out here PH team vies for UAE Drones For Good Award

Hi guys, a team from the Philippines are in the final stages of developing a collision avoidance system for drones, its part of their package which allows a drone to fly safely at night. Awhile ago they were testing out on their DJI Matrice and Inspire 1, looks promising. Check it out here PH team vies for UAE Drones For Good Award
Ah, all these smart, good drones ... It's just a matter of time when badass drones will carry laser guns, able to kill every hot-blooded creature on the ground. When this is done they'll shoot every reptile, fish and insect, cleverly avoiding shooting each other ... (correction: some deep sea creatures may survive) ... And when this is done they'll establish new civilization with enslaved Drones For Good ...:D

Last edited:
I could be wrong (I know I'll hear about it if I am) but passenger airline pilots are highly trained with thousands of hours of flying time and don't passenger jets have collision avoidance systems? Why not have them on drones if they don't eat up to much battery power, not mater how good you are (or think you are) at flying?

I could be wrong (I know I'll hear about it if I am) but passenger airline pilots are highly trained with thousands of hours of flying time and don't passenger jets have collision avoidance systems? Why not have them on drones if they don't eat up to much battery power, not mater how good you are (or think you are) at flying?
Of course all big planes are controlled by complex collision avoidance system globally, my friend. If not that they'll crash with each other everyday in hundreds, no matter how skilled pilots are. But it has nothing to do with autonomous, sensor equipped on-board devices ...

“An issue for most drones these days is that they cannot co-exist with other aircraft as they could be serious flight obstructions, which can bring more harm than good,” sounds awesome to me

Ah, all these smart, good drones ... It's just a matter of time when badass drones will carry laser guns, able to kill every hot-blooded creature on the ground. When this is done they'll shoot every reptile, fish and insect, cleverly avoiding shooting each other ... (correction: some deep sea creatures may survive) ... And when this is done they'll establish new civilization with enslaved Drones For Good ...:D
otherwise know as SKYNET

Of course all big planes are controlled by complex collision avoidance system globally, my friend. If not that they'll crash with each other everyday in hundreds, no matter how skilled pilots are. But it has nothing to do with autonomous, sensor equipped on-board devices ...
Yes, autonomous flight is a different ball game but aren't they talking about large, commercial jet aircraft that will fly themselves in the future without pilot or co-pilot? I'm sure it's a ways off but never say never. I'm sure we'll see collision avoidance on our small RC craft before long as standard equipment or at least as an add-on.

“An issue for most drones these days is that they cannot co-exist with other aircraft as they could be serious flight obstructions, which can bring more harm than good,” sounds awesome to me
True that. I'm all for keeping our RC craft below, 400' in the U.S. but wouldn't mind a collision avoidance system just in case there's a malfunction with my RC or my flying (hey, I'm not perfect). I thoroughly scout where I will fly for clients, or even just to get good b-roll for future use. The other day I walked an entire flight path but simply didn't see a small wire strung low across a creek. Luckily when flying the creek I (just) missed the wire. I saw it later in post. I'm not sure if a collision avoidance system would detect something that small, heck, I didn't see it but if it could, that would give me peace-of-mind.

Donald Trump next ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare