Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Drone Registration Fees

Reaction score
I'd assumed drone registration was $5 for recreational use. No big deal there. The fees should be shown off the bat. After filling out the online registration I was brought to this page. That's the fees for the Inspire 1. Getting a bit greedy there...
32336f37812a2c6f2fa3a515d943a5e2.jpg

well theres sites out there that charge more the real FAA site is only $5. but I was kinda asking a question, just forgot the ?

It's a 3rd part website apparently. But still, that makes me question who I'd just handed out personal information to and how the FAA would allow this.

The website I was decieved by is federaldrone registration.com. It does mention that it is not the FAA and is a service to register for you. That's if you read through paragraphs of information to locate that statement. It is not fake but it charges a premium to do what I just did anyway. Anyway, my complaint with the FAA and or Attorney General will hopefully stop these 3rd party services.

If it's not a .gov site, you were ripped off.
I agree if it's not a .gov website then you have been ripped off. I have a DJI Phantom 2 vision plus, 2ea I1 Pro. All have been registered on the FAA.GOV website which I am a certified Commercial Pilot for sUAS under the Part 107.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AZ104Dumps