Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I think that yesterday DJI killed the I1 appeal... a consumer product like P3 now has the SAME camera, SAME controller, SAME app, SAME light bridge.... for less than half the price. DJI marketing director should make a long zen meditation before deciding to kill a product line appeal only 3 months after market launch

I think that yesterday DJI killed the I1 appeal... a consumer product like P3 now has the SAME camera, SAME controller, SAME app, SAME light bridge.... for less than half the price. DJI marketing director should make a long zen meditation before deciding to kill a product line appeal only 3 months after market launch
You dont get it, The Inspire has 360 degree 2nd camera operator for the professional Pilot and Camera Operator working together. Also the Inspire has HDMI output on both remotes which is needed again for the profession web streamers broadcasting live events from the copter. Also the Inspire flys much faster forward flight as well as much better blade clearance with its landing gear.
The Phantom 3 and the Inspire are 2 totally different copters, one is for the professional and the other is for the more advanced professional with more needs.

I do think it will continue but in short order will no longer ship with the camera that comes with P3 and instead a more advanced camera. I also think the price will come down significantly but this won't happen until they have supply demand parity. The economies of scale from producing all those components for P3 will bring costs down. In the end it's good, now get us that MFT camera!

You dont get it, The Inspire has 360 degree 2nd camera operator for the professional Pilot and Camera Operator working together. Also the Inspire has HDMI output on both remotes which is needed again for the profession web streamers broadcasting live events from the copter. Also the Inspire flys much faster forward flight as well as much better blade clearance with its landing gear.
The Phantom 3 and the Inspire are 2 totally different copters, one is for the professional and the other is for the more advanced professional with more needs.

Yes for almost 3 times the price.... it's a totally wrong price range. And now? Will they drop the I1 price.... so all the people like me who invested in a I1 machine will feel like a fool only 2/3 months after their investiment? DJI does not keep in mind that people invest their money and their investiment should keep the value at least for 6/9 months....

I do think it will continue but in short order will no longer ship with the camera that comes with P3 and instead a more advanced camera. I also think the price will come down significantly but this won't happen until they have supply demand parity. The economies of scale from producing all those components for P3 will bring costs down. In the end it's good, now get us that MFT camera!

Yes that means treat their customer like fools

Reactions: FictitiousPerson
I would be happy if they at least give us more ND filter options...

Yes for almost 3 times the price.... it's a totally wrong price range. And now? Will they drop the I1 price.... so all the people like me who invested in a I1 machine will feel like a fool only 2/3 months after their investment? DJI does not keep in mind that people invest their money and their investment should keep the value at least for 6/9 months....

I agree with Tahoejmfc saying the two quads are two different platforms for different jobs. the Phantom always was some kind of "toy" and never a professional tool like the I1 and I think with the "H" form which is the best construction form. the I1 will stay on top notch. 4k or not on the P3 it will not be as stable or versatile as the I1. it is better looking and looking at the functionality is also better as in stability and speed which makes it essential for many jobs like chase or adverts.

I think DJI is a company not a charity support organisation and their aim is to make money. they should have a look at us sure I agree in that but I do not think they would be so ruthless to have us spend 3+K and then come out with something that seems the same.. it is NOT. you do not have 360° round view, you do not have the bad *** stability (I think) and you definitely you do not have the speed with a Phantom... and the modular design from the I1 is not a coincident... it purpose... and there will be more and better accessories to the I1 with better camera and upgrades that a P3 will NEVER have only when doing something on it in your garage but not being able like will be into our shop and buy the FPV kit to just plug and play on the I1...

that is my personal opinion and I did not mean to offend anyone. in case I did I do apologize.

rgds
Martin

p.s.: sorry I had to say something.

"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."
Inspire 1

I'm happy with my Inspire, no matter what I paid for it 3 months ago. That was then, this is now. If you are not happy, then sell yours and buy the Phantom. There's no need to give yourself ulcers over it. I watched the live event yesterday and personally, I wasn't all that impressed. I'm not saying it's not a technological marvel, its just that I'm happy with what I have.

I'm happy with my Inspire, no matter what I paid for it 3 months ago. That was then, this is now. If you are not happy, then sell yours and buy the Phantom. There's no need to give yourself ulcers over it. I watched the live event yesterday and personally, I wasn't all that impressed. I'm not saying it's not a technological marvel, its just that I'm happy with what I have.

I'm happy, too but the question is: should you buy an I1 today for 3 times the price of a P3?

Yes for almost 3 times the price.... it's a totally wrong price range. And now? Will they drop the I1 price.... so all the people like me who invested in a I1 machine will feel like a fool only 2/3 months after their investiment? DJI does not keep in mind that people invest their money and their investiment should keep the value at least for 6/9 months....

Are you kidding? What features or capabilities have been removed from the I1? Nonsense. The Phantom (probably) will still tip over on landing. Investment/Value tomorrow? It still does exactly the same thing it did when you bought it. I am looking for more things for it to do in the future.

If I was going to worry about anything, it would be possible newly imposed use restrictions on the technology that would restrict capabilities we already have been using. Rapidly improving, less expensive products are EXPECTED. I can't wait!

I already responded to a similar post and I my comment would be this: obviously nobody forced to buy inspire. If you bought it because you might have use for it ,than there is no reason for panic.
But if you bought it just to impress someone ,or simply you have to have it, than your reaction is no surprise.
By announcing P3, inspire owners should benefit from it ,because inspire and the accessories will become more available (and less demand possibility of price drop in future)
Inspire and P3 are two different products even with many similar features can't be compared.
It is sick not to wish for new ,better and chipper product ,just because you paid more for yours.

Are you kidding? What features or capabilities have been removed from the I1? Nonsense. The Phantom (probably) will still tip over on landing. Investment/Value tomorrow? It still does exactly the same thing it did when you bought it. I am looking for more things for it to do in the future.

If I was going to worry about anything, it would be possible newly imposed use restrictions on the technology that would restrict capabilities we already have been using. Rapidly improving, less expensive products are EXPECTED. I can't wait!

I doubt the P3 will tip over you are overlooking the optical flow sensors added to it. That will make landing it much more stable than previous

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Look, If you want a copter that is for 2 person operator setup, with HDMI streaming, then the Inspire is for you.

If you need a single person operator copter then the P3 is for you.

The extra 2000$ for a 2nd camera operator is a cheap price to pay for how well it works. If you are a pro, it pays for itself in one day of shooting.

Reactions: RockLobster
It's clear that recent Inspire purchasers in this thread are doing their utmost to attempt to wear a brave face and justify their purchases in the knowledge that they could have paid one third of the price for a P3 for more or less the same abilities, had they known and waited. Inspire 1 is moribund, and its additional features over and above the P3 are simply not worth the $ difference, and are of interest to just a comparatively small handful of users.

As someone up above said, "...all the people like me who invested in a I1 machine will feel like a fool only 2/3 months after their investiment"

No, regrettably, DJI have killed their own inspiration.

Reactions: DJeff1
This is my first post on this forum, but feel I need to weigh in. I bought my I1 from B&H Photo just under 4 weeks ago. I've wanted to get a drone for years, but always felt I'd crash it in 60 seconds if I was lucky to last that long.

I decided to take the plunge on a Thursday when there was only 10 minutes left to ship it the same day. I had it Next Day Aired. I figured If I'm in for $3K , what the hell is an extra $60.

Got the I1 the next day. Spent a few hours charging the batteries and updating the firmware. Watched all the videos I could find on the net. Scared the crap out of myself seeing people flying their drones into their garages and such. Really had thoughts of just packing it up and sending it back. But, for some reason I didn't. I took it out behind my house and sat it in a clear area and hit the launch button not really sure what to expect. WOW... it lifted up and hovered at ~4ft. At that moment I was hooked. It was so easy to fly and was so cool.

Over the last few weeks I've read all the same rumors as everyone else that DJI may be releasing a new Inspire. I had thoughts of sending mine back before the 30 day return policy was up. After watching the press release yesterday, I'd have to say I had some of the same feelings that others are expressing at the I1 being worth less today than two days ago. But, in reality, I don't think that anymore. I'm having way too much fun with this thing to think about sending it back.

Sure, this is not a toy @$3K+. But, it puts such a smile on my face and to me that's worth it. There are some mods I want to do, like a fixed FPV camera for when running with two operators. I'm sure DJI is working on a new version of the Inspire to do that, but I think I can do it for a few hundred bucks.

For now, I'm just enjoying what this TOY has allowed me to do. In just the 3-4 weeks I have had it, I have seen so many amazing views. There are so many places I want to take it when the weather gets better. Life is way too short to worry about the small things.

This is a lot like the computer industry. Soon as you buy one, it's obsolete and there is one twice as fast for half as much. You just have to jump on the train and hang on. I've probably spent $75K+ on computers in the last 25+ years and can't say I have ever regretted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry