Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 - Landing Gear Center Frame Component Lifting Nut

Reaction score
Hi all,

I´m new to the forum but I have been recently browsing a lot through previous posts and I have learnt a lot from your posts!

I am currently in the process of rebuilding my Inspire 1 after a small incident involving a tree...

I have the drone stripped completely down to component level and the only part that is left to repair is the plastic/nylon nut that is lifted by the jack screw on the center frame component (For the lifting and lowering of the landing gear)

As the center frame, jack screw and motor are all in good condition it seems silly to buy a brand new Center frame component for circa 300GBP and I would like to just replace the broken nut.

Does anybody have one of the nuts for sale?

Has anybody ever manufactured one of these before? I have a lathe and the part will be very easy to make, but I was wondering if anybody knew the exact material that the nut is made out of?

Thanks very much!

Tom

That nut is the Achilles heel of the landing gear on the Inspire 1. I had to replace one and ended up having to buy the entire assembly. I found a salvaged one on ebay.

Reactions: oldcomputech
If it was mine I would just get the new center frame wile you have it all apart.

If it was mine I would just get the new center frame wile you have it all apart.
its actually easier to just replace the worm gear and nut than it is to do the whole center frame

for the worm gear/nut you just remove the gimbal board, VPS, and lower body, then theres a plate on the bottom of center frame that unscrews to let you remove the worm gear.

for the center frame you have to dismantle everything and i mean everything

its actually easier to just replace the worm gear and nut than it is to do the whole center frame

for the worm gear/nut you just remove the gimbal board, VPS, and lower body, then theres a plate on the bottom of center frame that unscrews to let you remove the worm gear.

Apologies for restarting this thread but I was wondering if anybody had a video tutorial or still images of how to take this nut off? What is the 'VPS' and how do you take off the lower body?

I need to repair / replace this little bit...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 12.46.50.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 12.46.50.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 19

TruGreen
I am looking for some help in repairing the worm gear on an Inspire 1. You say it is easy, but I am scratching my head. I have replaced the whole module before on an Inspire, this time I am looking at the worm gear and the bottom bearing. Could you be a bit more descriptive with how this can be stripped down. Would appreciate any help. Thanks Martin (Hemel Hempstead, UK).

TruGreen
I am looking for some help in repairing the worm gear on an Inspire 1. You say it is easy, but I am scratching my head. I have replaced the whole module before on an Inspire, this time I am looking at the worm gear and the bottom bearing. Could you be a bit more descriptive with how this can be stripped down. Would appreciate any help. Thanks Martin (Hemel Hempstead, UK).
hey sorry dont check here too often as im no longer flying Inspires. but once ya get all the stuff removed from the bottom and remove the lower bottom body panel on the bottom of the center frame lift mech. theres a silver plate with 3 screws. if you remove that plate the worm gear and bearing can be removed and replaced. youll have to unscrew the worm gear from the lift arms nut but it will come out

Indeed, I did do this. The top of the worm gear wasn't releasing. The accident had bent it in the area of the lift arms. The centre screw housing was no longer round but oval. I could not get the top of the shaft away from the servo end, hence the little tap with a small hammer. The two bearings fell out, the three rings came apart and the 7 ball bearings in each went everywhere. But we did find all 14 and I managed to re-build the bearings. I did try to swap the servos over but the fine, long screws holding the servo housing all sheared off, so that was a non-starter, hence my search for parts. Thanks for your help.

Just to continue/explain the removal process if anyone is interested; having undone the bottom fixings, the black bellows needs to be released and then the shaft pulled down to release it from the servo end. Dropping the shaft down through the frame allows the top of the shaft to be swung out of the frame. Then lifting the shaft up frees it from the bottom mount. Replacing with a new one, the bottom of the shaft goes through the bottom fitting, then the top end needs to be pushed up and engaged at the servo end. Refit the black bellows and reassemble the bearing and other fittings in the bottom of the frame.

Reactions: croes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian