Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 landing gear not responding

Reaction score
Hello! Recently, the landing gear on my Inspire 1 Pro has been acting up. Every now and then, it just refuses to move. Nothing is stuck or broken as far as I can tell, and there is no sound or anything to indicate that it is trying to move. It just completely ignores the controller and doesn't move at all. However, the status light on the back of the drone turns blue as it should when it's in travel mode, and the app notifies me that the landing gear has moved. Meanwhile, the drone is sitting there totally motionless and silent apart from the fan.

This issue happens randomly at any stage of using the drone. Sometimes I get to a location and cannot get it out of travel mode. Other times I have multiple flights with no issues and then I can't get it into travel mode. Just today I got it in the air, but could not raise the landing gear or put it in travel mode.

I know many have had issues with broken gears or damaged motors, but that does not appear to be the case since the motor doesn't even try to move. Plus, when it does work, it sounds absolutely perfect. (We have a total of 3 Inspires in the studio and all of them sound the same, except this one just doesn't work from time to time.)

Anyway, I'd really appreciate any suggestions for fixing this as I have not found anyone else who has had this issue. I've tried countless updates and resets, 3 controllers, 6 batteries, with the X3 and X5 and no camera, many different iPads and Android devices, all with the same intermittent failure. I have a message out to DJI support but thanks to covid, I'm anticipating it'll be a while to hear back. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or information about this issue!

Hello! Recently, the landing gear on my Inspire 1 Pro has been acting up. Every now and then, it just refuses to move. Nothing is stuck or broken as far as I can tell, and there is no sound or anything to indicate that it is trying to move. It just completely ignores the controller and doesn't move at all. However, the status light on the back of the drone turns blue as it should when it's in travel mode, and the app notifies me that the landing gear has moved. Meanwhile, the drone is sitting there totally motionless and silent apart from the fan.

This issue happens randomly at any stage of using the drone. Sometimes I get to a location and cannot get it out of travel mode. Other times I have multiple flights with no issues and then I can't get it into travel mode. Just today I got it in the air, but could not raise the landing gear or put it in travel mode.

I know many have had issues with broken gears or damaged motors, but that does not appear to be the case since the motor doesn't even try to move. Plus, when it does work, it sounds absolutely perfect. (We have a total of 3 Inspires in the studio and all of them sound the same, except this one just doesn't work from time to time.)

Anyway, I'd really appreciate any suggestions for fixing this as I have not found anyone else who has had this issue. I've tried countless updates and resets, 3 controllers, 6 batteries, with the X3 and X5 and no camera, many different iPads and Android devices, all with the same intermittent failure. I have a message out to DJI support but thanks to covid, I'm anticipating it'll be a while to hear back. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or information about this issue!
Moves to Inspire Help section as this has absolutely nothing to do with Certified UAV Section.
If you try the search function you will see this has cropped up and been answered numerous times and there are various threads in the subject.

Turn the landing gear screw an 1/8th of a turn, Lubricate the worm gear. Operate several times.

You're welcome.

Reactions: JDSimpson
Moves to Inspire Help section as this has absolutely nothing to do with Certified UAV Section.
If you try the search function you will see this has cropped up and been answered numerous times and there are various threads in the subject.

Turn the landing gear screw an 1/8th of a turn, Lubricate the worm gear. Operate several times.

You're welcome.
Thanks, as I'm sure you noticed I'm new to the forum and did not see an option to select which section to post under while writing the post. Sorry for that.

Anyway, I did search for and read several other posts relating to issues where the landing gear motor is stuck and straining but unable to move, but I don't think it's a lubrication issue since my motor isn't even trying to move. It sounds perfectly normal when it does work. I'll give it a shot, but I expect it is an electrical/controller issue.

Thanks, as I'm sure you noticed I'm new to the forum and did not see an option to select which section to post under while writing the post. Sorry for that.

Anyway, I did search for and read several other posts relating to issues where the landing gear motor is stuck and straining but unable to move, but I don't think it's a lubrication issue since my motor isn't even trying to move. It sounds perfectly normal when it does work. I'll give it a shot, but I expect it is an electrical/controller issue.
You should find that tweaking the worm screw with a flat bladed screwdriver solves the problem.

If not - post back on here and we will try and help

You should find that tweaking the worm screw with a flat bladed screwdriver solves the problem.

Thanks. I decided to try putting it into travel mode one more time before manually moving the screw, and it's working perfectly once again, including a few short test flights raising and lowering the landing gear repeatedly. Regardless, I did manually move the screw (which felt smooth with very little resistance) and lubricated it as suggested in the other threads just to cover all my bases. I'll post again if the issue comes back.

After about 15 successful flights, including two flights this morning, the landing gear is once again not responding. It's just as before with no sound or vibration whatsoever from the landing gear servo, although the light on the drone does still change as though it were entering and exiting travel mode.

Any other troubleshooting advice would be greatly appreciated.

오늘 아침 2번의 비행을 포함해 약 15번의 성공적인 비행 후 랜딩 기어가 다시 한 번 응답하지 않습니다. 랜딩 기어 서보에서 아무런 소리나 진동도 없이 이전과 같지만 드론의 표시등이 마치 여행 모드에 들어가고 나올 때처럼 여전히 변경됩니다.

다른 문제 해결 조언은 크게 감사하겠습니다.
hi~! check the pinion gear of motor shaft.

Reactions: Sideshow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth