Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 motor replacement (help!)

Reaction score
Hi guys. First, let me start by apologizing in advance for what will be a long post! I recently purchased an Inspire 1 v1 for a pretty reasonable price, but unfortunately that was due to several issues. The first is a fried motor (I already removed and pulled motor apart to verify). So, since I'll be replacing 1, might not be a bad idea to replace all 4 just in case. What I'm wondering about though is can I replace these with the v2 motors and escs? Is it just straight plug and play? I've heard about others "converting" a v1 to a v2 or pro but I don't know what all that involves, so any help or suggestions is appreciated!
Thanks,
Isaac

yes the motors just swap and new plug and play. i recently upgraded a V1 to a V2. just be sure you get the V2 with ESC and swap the correct CW/CCW motors with the same CW/CCW

yes the motors just swap and new plug and play. i recently upgraded a V1 to a V2. just be sure you get the V2 with ESC and swap the correct CW/CCW motors with the same CW/CCW

Is there a benefit to this tho? I’m curious cause it seems DJI limits via software not hardware .. for example a fly fly hacked Inspire 1 being reported to be ‘almost’ as fast as a i2 in speed gains

Is there a benefit to this tho? I’m curious cause it seems DJI limits via software not hardware .. for example a fly fly hacked Inspire 1 being reported to be ‘almost’ as fast as a i2 in speed gains
the V2 motors are supposed to newer and spin a bit faster RPM to better help with the X5 weight. i really did it cause i had a crashed bird and it needed new motors anyways and a new set of V2 stuff was about the same cost as the V1.

Reactions: ijjones
The reason I'd be upgrading would be for going to the x5, plus they're basically the same price as the v2 motors (as TruGreen mentioned). Although not relevant to my original question, I'm curious what the "fly fly hack" is?

Hi all, I would like to replace the engines on an inspire 1 with other v2 type with relative ESC, reading the features reported by the seller on ebay it is specified that they are not interchangeable with the old v1 version. Instead here I seem to understand that replacement is possible, can you confirm that you can update the v2 version? thank you

Hi all, I would like to replace the engines on an inspire 1 with other v2 type with relative ESC, reading the features reported by the seller on ebay it is specified that they are not interchangeable with the old v1 version. Instead here I seem to understand that replacement is possible, can you confirm that you can update the v2 version? thank you
if you do the complete V2 motor with ESC than you are fine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop