Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 or 2 for photography?

Hey guys,
Just contemplating the X5s as a stills camera.
Been having a hard time finding proper test pics or maybe some examples. Are you able to post up more of the ones you have ? Or maybe if you know of some blogs etc would you be able to post up some links to them ?

Many thanks!

Thanks !!

I'll add that I have their "DXO Optics Pro 11" for my Phantom P4 which is the only bird supported so far in their program. It corrects a lot of that camera's optical matters like barrel distortion and vignetting, CA aberrations, as well as colors out of the DNG file it makes and is pretty quick to do so.

You could request for the Inspire 2 and whatever lens you'd like to add. The micro 4:3's lenses may already be in their database, just the Inspire 2 body with the X5S camera would need to be added. I already put in a request for it to be added here and more requests might help too: Supported cameras | DxO.com

I'd like to see the X5S with the 12, 15, and 45mm lenses added to it too. Crossing fingers.

I'll add that I have their "DXO Optics Pro 11" for my Phantom P4 which is the only bird supported so far in their program. It corrects a lot of that camera's optical matters like barrel distortion and vignetting, CA aberrations, as well as colors out of the DNG file it makes and is pretty quick to do so.

You could request for the Inspire 2 and whatever lens you'd like to add. The micro 4:3's lenses may already be in their database, just the Inspire 2 body with the X5S camera would need to be added. I already put in a request for it to be added here and more requests might help too: Supported cameras | DxO.com

I'd like to see the X5S with the 12, 15, and 45mm lenses added to it too. Crossing fingers.

My understanding is that with M4/3 lenses the profile information is already embedded with the lens so the correction should automatically be applied(this applied to Lightroom). However, the camera (X5S) may need to be added.

I had the Inspire 1 for about 5 days and decided that I like the more advanced features of the Inspire 2 more. In fact many in this forum, and even in this very thread, I got good advice that convinced me to get the I2. With that being said, I am very happy with the performance of the I2 and the X5S. Included are a few images taken with the X5S.

Attachments

• 20170312-DJI_0024.jpeg
    20170312-DJI_0024.jpeg
    668.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 20170317-DJI_0045.jpeg
    20170317-DJI_0045.jpeg
    417.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 20170319-DJI_0003.jpeg
    20170319-DJI_0003.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 52
Hello:

I am a pro photographer exploring aerial photography. In the previous months I broke two Hubsan X4 getting used to the controls. Now I am flying confidently a P3P and it is time for the real imaging experience.

There is a lot of information and samples to compare I1 vs. I2 for video. Not too much for still photography.

Still can´t find in the web a DNG file sharp enough (in M43 standards) with the I1. I know perfectly the specs of the X5 and the X5s, however, there is much more than the specs. Vibration management for photo for example. With new Hi Res sensors I need to use tripod and mirror lock up to have good resolution. Image processor (not sensor) is another core issue for image quality. That´s why I am looking for real world experience and images.

Any of you guys has experience with pro level photo quality comparing X5 vs. X5S? (best if comparison is made with same lens at same aperture and same shutter speed -these factors drastically change the image quality-)

Many thanks in advance

Jorge

As a professional photographer, I have some of the same questions however, some additional thoughts and comments

Given the kind of platforms you likely use, My most used platform is a D810 and I don't have an expectation of seeing the kind of dynamic range in the X5 or S, at least for some time. While some may argue the point, save going to a larger and more expensive platform I am calibrating my expectations accordingly.

I was looking at the I1Pro initially but don't feel that platform would provide stills of the quality I desire . You are correct it is not all about specs however, on paper, and from posts on this forum the P4P outperforms the I1 for stills.

Perhaps, the other factor for me for the I2 and X5s comes down the M43 lenses ( different primes and overall quality of glass)

Of course one could get the M600/Hassleblad but of course that is a whole different level of complexity in flight control and of course CapEx

The X5s camera on the I2 doesn't have nearly the detail or dynamic range of a full frame Nikon or Canon (I use Nikon professionally), but there isn't a better aerial imaging option for anything less than twice the price, and this is far simpler to run (plug and play).

In short, it's a very good video tool (especially shooting in CinemaDNG), but for photos, I'm not sure I can say the cost is worth it over the cost of the P2 or P3 with a dronexpert/RX100 option, if all you ever plan to shoot is stills. The image quality doesn't seem much better than my old P2 with the dronexperts + Sony RX100II on it.

If you shoot video, then this is your best option without a big step up in price. For me, living in the northern US, the heated batteries on the I2 and the stability to take slower exposures than other cameras for lower noise dusk shots are all beneficial over the I1 and other options.

Reactions: Advexure
Pretty much spot on. I shot Nikon gear too (D810 and D500) and basically there are very few cameras that can compare in DNR to either camera, especially the D810. M4/3 on the X5S is plenty adequate but sometimes leaves me wanting more. If you are willing to put in the time with post processing, you can get very nice images. I use the X5S because for the most part this is the best that is currently avail in this price range.

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu