Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 portable work table

Reaction score
Website
www.hoveranalytics.com
In the spirit of Adam Savage's idea for a portable work table I decided to create my own version.

The materials. The foam allows it to be non-slip:

Finished Product:

With the I1:

Total cost: Less than $20 (minus the spray glue)

Last edited:
Great idea mate , but I would make a couple of improvements.
1...larger table ( double the size) ....where do you put your I1 tx ....tablet....camera case...battery.
2....non-slip???? you cant exit travel mode with the rubber surface Yes/No.
My table is double the size you show with non-slip on half the table top where I sit my TX...tablet..camera case and Inspire battery.
The half with smooth plastic is where the Inspire sits and changes into and out of travel mode easily.
I also have room to sit my HDMI 19 inch screen on the table if I want to use it on some flights.
Folding legs is great for transport and is very light as well.
Any other ideas for improvements .
...Pete

the problem I see is the textured material, when the I1 comes out of travel mode, the legs need to slide a little bit en it goes upright! The material looks like the stuff I use in my tool cabinets!

I just bought a nice portable table with handle. Lifetime was the brand name. Got it at Costco yesterday. Legs can be adjusted down. Was great for cooking Easter lunch. I could set the legs at the right height matching the burners. I bought it for using with my drone. Enough room for the drone and the controllers.

I just made a sun shade for my tablet, and filled the pockets on my cargo trousers with batteries, then jumped on the back of a golf buggy to do my first gig with the inspire, forgot to use the sunshade, haha

I had to film a 2km stretch. A table would have been useless.
The picture reminds me of the little guy "master" from madmax when they lower him down to the pigs, lol.
upload_2015-4-6_8-25-51.png

I recently purchased a 48" round table. It has folding metal legs, white plastic top, and folds in half and has a handle for carry. I'll be using Krylon Fusion (no prep plastic spray paint) and a stencil to make a helipad design. I launch and land from wet or muddy spots often and am hoping this will be a good solution.

I recently purchased a 48" round table. It has folding metal legs, white plastic top, and folds in half and has a handle for carry. I'll be using Krylon Fusion (no prep plastic spray paint) and a stencil to make a helipad design. I launch and land from wet or muddy spots often and am hoping this will be a good solution.

Got any pictures? Where did you get the table?

i like adams version and was thinking of making the same or very similar table...

just made this Helipad today. Haven't tested it out yet. need to add some short but adjustable legs. found some LED x-mas lights on sale:)
IMG_1851.JPG IMG_1848.JPG IMG_1849.JPG

Reactions: Plumcrazy
Update: Bought a I1 stand and this updated setup really works for me. Really lightweight, sturdy, and portable.

Very cool idea!
I have the exact same table but stopped using it as the legs are steel and screw up my iPad compass when I set it down. Looking for an aluminum or all plastic with enough strengh.That stand has great potential!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop