Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 pro becoming obsolete

You must be mistaken I've looked on DJI website for the past few days they are OUT OF STOCK!
View attachment 25960
My local DJI store has them. I ordered some from.. (not sure I can mention site names here) but dont get them from Florida drone supply. The picture shows a brand new dji box and the post mentions nothing about the blades being used. My blades showed up heavily used full of bug splatters and dirt.

My local DJI store has them. I ordered some from.. (not sure I can mention site names here) but dont get them from Florida drone supply. The picture shows a brand new dji box and the post mentions nothing about the blades being used. My blades showed up heavily used full of bug splatters and dirt.
I hope you are sending them back for a refund. That's not good, hopefully, mine will not be the same condition from eBay seller or they are going right back. Sold there as new. With as many Inpire1's as there are out there I can not imagine why DJI would stop making them. They only had one box but at least that gives me 2 extra.

I hope you are sending them back for a refund. That's not good, hopefully, mine will not be the same condition from eBay seller or they are going right back. Sold there as new. With as many Inpire1's as there are out there I can not imagine why DJI would stop making them. They only had one box but at least that gives me 2 extra.
I actually am going through a dispute because they wont contact me back. Very lame.

TB48 batteries (TB47's too?) no longer available from DJI and sold out everywhere. Glad I just stocked up.

Struggled to find props - asking the major suppliers in the UK that have good contacts with DJI - they couldn't get any.

After a lot of hunting around was able to find a supplier and I bought their last 11 boxes - should keep me going.

A mate has given me all of his Inspire 1 kit - he didn't want it due to obsolescence.

Shame reports on here saying the batteries are becoming unavailable.

Reactions: oldcomputech
I’ve still seen 47 and 48 stock at several retailers. We may be in a cycle as I have heard the Mavic batteries are in shorter supply as well (of course there are good aftermarket batteries for that one)

The cure: Find a working combination of iOS, AC Firmware, RC Firmware and software (app), and lock 'em down.

Inspire 1 sweet spot:

INSPIRE-1, GEN 2

App: v3.1.1
App database: v00.00.01.04
Aircraft: v1.8.1.00
Remote: v1.6
X3 Camera: v1.8.1
X5 Camera: v1.11.1.50

Be sure to include the 32 channel hack. To manage your iPads, you need legacy iTunes 12.5.4.42.

So far the above combination has worked with all iOS versions 9 to present. The exception is that Legacy iTunes no longer works for the latest iOS. For any iOS past 12.1.xx, I use iMazing, which works well and allows me to regain control of my Gen 3 iPad. I can install legacy apps. AND I can modify the .configs files within those apps.

I do the same for my P4P and my Mavic Pro.

It's a real song and dance. I honestly don't see how anybody can operate any DJI drone without intimate knowledge of their firmware and software. Unless you know how to make your iPad do what you want it to do, and make your drone do what you want it to do, DJI AND Apple make you a slave to their policies, tests, logins, restrictions, and any manner of money-crushing inconveniences.

I just spent literally 3 days figuring out how to make my Gen 3 iPad do what the phuck *I* wanted it to do. Apple HATES relinquishing control of their products to the customer - and DJI is digging their dirty claws in deeper and deeper all the time. Well they can all suck my a**, as my iPads and DJI drones do exactly what *I* want them to do. No bugs. No restrictions. No new "features." Just blissful flying.

D

How do you do the update so that your x5 camera has different FW compared to ac?

How do you do the update so that your x5 camera has different FW compared to ac?

I've tested two X5 cameras with two different firmwares on them, both of which differed from the AC firmware, and shockingly, had no problems with either. I find that the X3 camera FW tends to match the AC firmware, but I found that to not be the case with the X5.

Note: All this "X5 Testing" stuff was conducted well over a year ago. Because I have the same FW and Software I had a year ago, my information should still be relevant and accurate.

Note: I have seen X5 cameras have problems. Ultimately, it was NOT the FW causing those problems.

D

I've tested two X5 cameras with two different firmwares on them, both of which differed from the AC firmware, and shockingly, had no problems with either. I find that the X3 camera FW tends to match the AC firmware, but I found that to not be the case with the X5.

Note: All this "X5 Testing" stuff was conducted well over a year ago. Because I have the same FW and Software I had a year ago, my information should still be relevant and accurate.

Note: I have seen X5 cameras have problems. Ultimately, it was NOT the FW causing those problems.

D

moved my reply to correct thread.

Last edited:
To anyone concerned about the original prop situations for version to the answer is very simple. Remove the quick-release mounts and use the original spin on type mounts that are still widely available.
I have now hard time to get any firmware to my drone. I tried to roll back from newest to 1.08 but i suspect something went wrong since i still had the video problems (most of the times i fly i dont get image). I tried to do the firmware update again and based on your youtube videos and all seemed to go like you described. Drone was updating motors etc. But it just kept beeping almost 2 hrs and gimbal was very hot. How long should i allow drone for update?

I tried to put new firmware there since now it is not working at all and that failed also.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:10 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.11.01.50.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

Reactions: Sangermike
The cure: Find a working combination of iOS, AC Firmware, RC Firmware and software (app), and lock 'em down.

Inspire 1 sweet spot:

INSPIRE-1, GEN 2

Be sure to include the 32 channel hack. To manage your iPads, you need legacy iTunes 12.5.4.42.

So far the above combination has worked with all iOS versions 9 to present. The exception is that Legacy iTunes no longer works for the latest iOS. For any iOS past 12.1.xx, I use iMazing, which works well and allows me to regain control of my Gen 3 iPad. I can install legacy apps. AND I can modify the .configs files within those apps.

I do the same for my P4P and my Mavic Pro.

It's a real song and dance. I honestly don't see how anybody can operate any DJI drone without intimate knowledge of their firmware and software. Unless you know how to make your iPad do what you want it to do, and make your drone do what you want it to do, DJI AND Apple make you a slave to their policies, tests, logins, restrictions, and any manner of money-crushing inconveniences.

I just spent literally 3 days figuring out how to make my Gen 3 iPad do what the phuck *I* wanted it to do. Apple HATES relinquishing control of their products to the customer - and DJI is digging their dirty claws in deeper and deeper all the time. Well they can all suck my a**, as my iPads and DJI drones do exactly what *I* want them to do. No bugs. No restrictions. No new "features." Just blissful flying.

D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Frank,

How do I find and install the old version DJI Go 3.1.1 from the iMazing? Note: I have / do not find the 3.1.1.ipa.

Thanks Rich

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Frank,

How do I find and install the old version DJI Go 3.1.1 from the iMazing? Note: I have / do not find the 3.1.1.ipa.

Thanks Rich

You have to acquire the .ipa file. That, in and of itself, can be a bit of a problem. Do a search for "Charles Proxy ipa files." That should get you started. There's a YouTuber called DigDat0 with a lot of information on this stuff. I would start searching there.

In a nutshell, ALL the .ipa files you need live on the Apple server. It's just a matter of doing the hack to download them. Charles Proxy helps with that process.

Good luck.

D

Last edited:
Hi guys,
Had a little bingle with my bird yesterday and took out all the blades (hit a little tree from about 2 feet of height).
:mad:
Just wondering if anyone out there knows where I can get some reasonably priced 1345T's for delivery to Australia?
Appreciate any feedback.

Merry Christmas,

Rafael..

Inspire 1 sweet spot:

INSPIRE-1, GEN 2

Hello, I've been banging my head against the wall for months trying to roll back my Inspire 1 V2 to the exact combination you mention. I've watched all the You Tube vids, read all the forum threads. Found the V01.08 firmware, but trying to downgrade directly to that version from 1.11 doesn'tcompletely work, it leaves a mishmash of firmware versions, the log files show some failures. Apparently you have to do it one version at a time. However I cannot find V01.09 and V01.10 firmware. I was successful in rolling back the RC firmware to V1.6. I also have all the config files for the FCC/32 channel hack, and uploaded it as ".DJI.configs" to my iPad 2017 using iMazing, under the DJI Pilot folder, but that didn't change anything. Currently my iPad is on iOS 13, I'm thinking I need a dedicated iPad for drone operations running iOS 11 or 12. But then Apple really doesn't want you to downgrade iOS either.
At this point I've reflashed everything to the latest version, so the drone works. Any help on downgrading to your configuration would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

Hello, I've been banging my head against the wall for months trying to roll back my Inspire 1 V2 to the exact combination you mention. I've watched all the You Tube vids, read all the forum threads. Found the V01.08 firmware, but trying to downgrade directly to that version from 1.11 doesn'tcompletely work, it leaves a mishmash of firmware versions, the log files show some failures. Apparently you have to do it one version at a time. However I cannot find V01.09 and V01.10 firmware. I was successful in rolling back the RC firmware to V1.6. I also have all the config files for the FCC/32 channel hack, and uploaded it as ".DJI.configs" to my iPad 2017 using iMazing, under the DJI Pilot folder, but that didn't change anything. Currently my iPad is on iOS 13, I'm thinking I need a dedicated iPad for drone operations running iOS 11 or 12. But then Apple really doesn't want you to downgrade iOS either.
At this point I've reflashed everything to the latest version, so the drone works. Any help on downgrading to your configuration would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

Try rolling back to different FW versions. One that SEEMS to work that I have not personally tried is v1.08.01.20. As of this writing, I don't know where to get this exact version. I have v1.08.10.00. That's the one I used to roll back from FW 1.10.xx.

The Description section of one of my Inspire 1 videos has a link to a lot of the firmwares.

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan