Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Pro not stable in hover

Reaction score
Hey all new to this site.
Just got a inspire 1 pro to compliment my mavic pro for commercial work in uk.
Flew it 5 times today and was horrified at the way I didn't hover as stable as the mavic.
I did the compass calibration and updated firmware to latest versions.
Had 16+ sats and it didn't hover nearly as stable as my mavic pro which is solid as a rock in <8m/s winds. I even stick it in air while im felling a tree as also a tree surgeon and have no worries about it drifting atall. But the Inspire I think I'd be worried about. And didn't think such an expensive drone would be as bad
I have the X5 Camera also and that I'm impressed with 100%.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Rgds.
Dave.

Flew it 5 times today and was horrified at the way I didn't hover as stable as the mavic.
Had 16+ sats and it didn't hover nearly as stable as my mavic pro which is solid as a rock in <8m/s winds. I even stick it in air while im felling a tree as also a tree surgeon and have no worries about it drifting atall. But the Inspire I think I'd be worried about. And didn't think such an expensive drone would be as bad

Rgds.
Dave.

Can you post a video of it hovering?

Rgds.
Dave.

You have to remember that 1) the Inspire is an older drone and 2) it has a much bigger surface area on its profile to catch the wind whereas the mavic is extremely thin.

The Inspire does bobble around a little bit in wind, but it shouldn't drift more than a meter even in strong winds.
If the mavic is the only bird you've ever flown then you may have been a bit spoilt. I know I would have been if it was my first bird.

The Inspire wobbling around a bit in the wind might shock you a tad, but it holds very, very well. Just because she moves around a bit more you don't need worry. It won't fly off or drift into a tree unless you're in Atti mode.

I recently flew my Inspire RAW in Iceland, in unbelievable winds (way over the recommended) and she was sat at a 45 degree angle, leaning into the wind to hold position. Yeah, she bobbled around quite a bit but still stayed where I put her. The mavic would not have coped, at all.

On a side note, you probably already know this... but be careful flying using the screen with the Inspire. The X5 pans 360 and it's easy to confuse yourself in regards to the birds heading if you aren't paying attention and miss objects coming up.

Reactions: Helicek Ahmet
Hey chaps
Thanks for the replies.
Yes the mavic was my first bird.

I shall get a video of it hovering when weather allows as today is raining!.
It wasn't too bad but no where near as stable as the mavic.
It does use both Navstar and glonass dosent it seeing that I get more than 11 Sats at once??

I've o my flow it in my garden at moment so only went to around 60m but then did a quick 60m high 300m sorte but the RTF would have landed it on it VERY near my fence had I not taken control even tho I had set home point twice as I always do to be sure of it.

Also I have no photos on my iPad mini 4 editor section like I do after a flight with the mavic pro?? Why's that??

Overall she it impressive and I love it.
When jerked about hard it reacts like a 6 Channel 3d Helicopter!!. But gimbal was dead on even with extreme roll and pitch inputs like a madman!!.

Dave

Rgds.
Dave.
You didn't mention doing an IMU calibration, which should be done after firmware updates.

Why every time I fly does it limit it to 30m altitude?
Of i uninstall the dji gp app and install again it's fine. But can't keep doing that as shall lose all flight data?
How can I sort this out? Very annoying. Especially as I'm using this for commercial use.
Beginner mode if OFF and geo fencing is turned off.
The hovering is better today btw..

Thoughts would be much appreciated
Thanks.
Dave

I think the 30m limit is due to needing to log into the app.

Funny, I just got my Inspire 1v1 today as well to compliment my Mavic. Both are awesome in their own regards.

I think the 30m limit is due to needing to log into the app.

Funny, I just got my Inspire 1v1 today as well to compliment my Mavic. Both are awesome in their own regards.

Yes both are great.
I am always logged into the app.
But I have just logged out and back in so shall see what happens tomo when I fly again

Thanks. Worked it out already actually.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Dave
Hi
My Inspire is the worst ..

Does not hold its position goes up 10-15' then off to either side the same WTF. I expected way more from this product oh and the X3 camera ..... junk!!

Were you able to correct any of these issues?
Thanks Gregg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu