Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Pro strange buzzing sound

Reaction score
Hi. I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas about why my I1 Pro has started making a slightly disconcerting buzzing noise... It was OK when I took off today, but was making the buzzing noise when I landed. The noise resumed when I put in a fresh battery. The aircraft performance seemed to be unaffected. Thanks - any help would be appreciated!

I'm wondering if it's coming from one of the cooling fans? Either the fan is going bad or maybe a wire is rubbing against it?

I'm wondering if it's coming from one of the cooling fans? Either the fan is going bad or maybe a wire is rubbing against it?
Thanks, Greg. That would make sense as presumably the fan only goes round once it's been operating for a few minutes and is therefore getting hot?

Had a similar buzzing sound on an Inspire, turned out to be the landing gear motor. Cycle the landing gear and see if it has an effect on the buzzing.

Hi. I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas about why my I1 Pro has started making a slightly disconcerting buzzing noise... It was OK when I took off today, but was making the buzzing noise when I landed. The noise resumed when I put in a fresh battery. The aircraft performance seemed to be unaffected. Thanks - any help would be appreciated!
Hi there. from what i saw in the video when you turn off the Inspire the hum goes away. You hear a noise of blades rubbing, that noise is being made by the fan that is mounted under the mechanical drive that moves the arms of the Inspire, probably some garbage entered that is rubbing the fan blades, or as a result the fan is It was out of order and if so, I recommend that you change it, to be completely sure of what I am saying, I suggest you pay more attention to where the noise comes from, but in my opinion it is that fan that is producing that noise. Greetings.!

Does it make the same sound with the camera removed?

I agree with others; sounds like a wire against a cooling fan.

D

Yes, the fan is installed in the body of the Inspire, it has no relation to whether you have the camera installed or not, as soon as you turn on the Inspire that fan starts working ...

Thanks, everyone, for your replies - the general consensus that it was a wire rubbing against the cooling fan is correct. Further investigation has revealed that the issue is a cable that has been badly re-housed following recent work by a well-known UK drone repair company (who I won't name here). As you can see from the photos, this cable is coming into contact with the fan. So the good news is that I've managed to diagnose it with your assistance... But the bad news is that, although it seems a very simple problem, I don't think I can fix it myself. I had the nose cone off in the hope that I might be able to get better access, but found that in order to properly rehouse the cables both sides of the fan, I would have to remove the whole outer shell. Sadly I don't have the tools (or bravery) to do this. Thanks again though.

Attachments

• IMG_3934.JPG
    IMG_3934.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3936.JPG
    IMG_3936.JPG
    984.1 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Donnie Frank
Well, all hope is not lost. A really good tool to add your set is a hemostat. Either curved or straight or both. You should be able to find one at a local drug store for 6-£10. A hemostat may be small enough and long enough to reach around or through the fan to carefully push or move the wire away, just enough. Another excellent tool is alligator forceps for about the same price maybe a little more. You will find other uses for these so it won't be a one off. For example, use alligator forceps to get a lace out of sweat pants, etc. The uses are almost endless.

If you can see the wire, the hemostat or forceps should be able to move it away.

Well, all hope is not lost. A really good tool to add your set is a hemostat. Either curved or straight or both. You should be able to find one at a local drug store for 6-£10. A hemostat may be small enough and long enough to reach around or through the fan to carefully push or move the wire away, just enough. Another excellent tool is alligator forceps for about the same price maybe a little more. You will find other uses for these so it won't be a one off. For example, use alligator forceps to get a lace out of sweat pants, etc. The uses are almost endless.

If you can see the wire, the hemostat or forceps should be able to move it away.
Thanks, Greg - good call!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla