Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 purchase

Reaction score
Hey Guys, New to this forum, I own a Mavic Pro. Friend of mine is selling his Inspire 1 used .. For $500.00

Wondering if it is a worth the price and I would think its a major upgrade from the Mavic, but too large for me to travel with.. So I would use the Inspire 1 for local use and Mavic for air travel. Does anyone know the specs on the camera. sensor size and MP ? Im sure it will take better photos than my Mavic Pro.. Any thoughts please let me know... Thanks in advance..

Photos and video will be the same Inspire 1 to Mavic pro especially if the I1 has the X3 which would be my bet for that price. If you want better photos. The Mavic Air is better as is the P4P. Also know that the Mavic 2 is about to be released and that will provide even better photos and video

Reactions: Kestrel
Photos and video will be the same Inspire 1 to Mavic pro especially if the I1 has the X3 which would be my bet for that price. If you want better photos. The Mavic Air is better as is the P4P. Also know that the Mavic 2 is about to be released and that will provide even better photos and video

Mavic Air is better than the P4P with a 1" sensor? Don't think that is correct..

Inspire could be an upgrade depending on what you use it for. It's size and speed along with it's dual remote for an operator on the camera is a plus. But if you are just looking for a camera upgrade he is right.. this isn't the drone for you. I agree the Mavic air and the P4P is much better in camera quality than the I1. And yes the Mavic 2 will probably be better but the price will be higher too. 500 isn't bad though depending on what he has and the model. Just not much of an upgrade as far as the camera

Inspire could be an upgrade depending on what you use it for. It's size and speed along with it's dual remote for an operator on the camera is a plus. But if you are just looking for a camera upgrade he is right.. this isn't the drone for you. I agree the Mavic air and the P4P is much better in camera quality than the I1. And yes the Mavic 2 will probably be better but the price will be higher too. 500 isn't bad though depending on what he has and the model. Just not much of an upgrade as far as the camera

PERFECT! Thank you ... after some research I see your point. If the Mavic 2 isn't what they think it will be, Then I would pick up a P4P with the 5.5 screen and that cam will have the 1" sensor... and stick with the Mavic Pro for air travel and the P4P for car travel.. Thank you! Maybe the Mavic 2 will have the 1" sensor they are rumoring about... thanks again!

Hopefully. But either way the P4P is still a great option. Amazing drone

Hopefully. But either way the P4P is still a great option. Amazing drone

Agreed, I had the P3P before the Mavic Pro and that Camera was much better than the Mavic. Im sure the P4P with the 1" sensor would be amazing... Ill wait at this point to see what DJI does with the Mavic 2 ..

Thank you! Mavic needs perfect lighting to get perfect pics and those are a perfect example..

depending on what he has and the model. Just not much of an upgrade as far as the camera

So.....doesn't "just not as much of an upgrade as far as the camera" (a pretty definitive statement), depend entirely on "what he has and the model" (unless I missed it, unknown at this point.) Could be a I1 with an X5 hanging from it)

My 2 cents: I had a Phantom 2 and now fly both the Mavic Pro and the Inspire 1. Of all, I think the Inspire does the best job of video. The Mavic is great in terms of portability and pretty good video but it is easily affected by wind. The inspire is like a rock in the air. Other than gale force winds, it flies like a dream. Couple that with the retractable landing gear and the ability to pan the camera, it is much easier to get the shots you want. Inspire is my choice but it is a bit more cumbersome to lug around. For $500 it sounds like a no-brainer.

Reactions: harleymhs
My 2 cents: I had a Phantom 2 and now fly both the Mavic Pro and the Inspire 1. Of all, I think the Inspire does the best job of video. The Mavic is great in terms of portability and pretty good video but it is easily affected by wind. The inspire is like a rock in the air. Other than gale force winds, it flies like a dream. Couple that with the retractable landing gear and the ability to pan the camera, it is much easier to get the shots you want. Inspire is my choice but it is a bit more cumbersome to lug around. For $500 it sounds like a no-brainer.

Way to big to lug around.. is my final thoughts... Ill wait for the NEW Mavic 2 ... thank you for your comment

$500 for an inspire 1 is a steal! The x3 camera alone costs almost $400. The person selling this must be really desperate to low ball himself like that. I would buy this in a heartbeat and won’t even think twice. Owning an inspire 1 should give you a sense of pride. It’s a professional drone and cannot be compared to mavic pro and especially mavic Air. I have a mavic pro but still keep my inspire for professional shoots that require more tricky shots that the mavic can’t provide because it doesn’t have a dual operator option like the inspire 1. Just imagine being able to switch your camera to x5, z3, or even a flir camera without having to upgrade your drone. Mavic pro and Air can’t do that and I bet you, mavic 2 can’t do that either.

Reactions: rdweaver
Great Photo and you can see that 1" sensor shine... I see u have the new Anolfi... How does that compare the camera on the Mavic?

Thanks very much. I love the Anafi too. Its a joy to fly (very quiet!). I have no first hand experience eith any of the Mavic line, but i think the pics/vids out of the Anafi are great!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop