Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Transport Durability

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Anyone know or have experience with transporting the IS1 (in it's case & tied down) over rough terrain?

I'm wondering how it would hold up in a off road vehicle (Jeep, Sand Rail, Side by Side etc ) crossing rough terrain.

Thanks for your time!

Bill

Packages have very rough treatment in shipping so you should not have a problem (as they ship in the standard case). I would make sure your gimbal is not attached (avoid ready-to-fly cases)

Reactions: Bill Houk
Maverick with Case.jpg

. . . .ummm, yes. I have a little experience with this. I mounted a GPC landing mode case to my Can Am Maverick and have probably logged about 300-400 miles of driving with the Inspire with the gimbal attached. I don't think the Inspire and gimbal are as fragile as many people would have you believe. Are you more likely to break or wear something out if you do this? Absolutely! But you are also more likely to crash the Inspire into a canyon wall or lose it entirely to the wilderness. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Incidentally, I've also taken the Inpsire for rides in the travel mode case. That would clearly be more gentle for the gimbal, but if you are taking some passengers with you, they are going to get super tired of the long setup and tear-down time of a travel mode case. If you've got the space for a landing mode case (which is nearly imposible in a side by side) and intend to do a lot of filming, I would go that route. For me, shooting camping videos is just a hobby. If you've got a paycheck attached to some remote location, it might not be the most wise way to make a buck.

I've got a bunch of ride related videos up on youtube and here's a recent one shot in a spot that is otherwise inaccessible without a off-road vehicle. It's a quick edit of some 4K video that will never look as good streaming from Youtube as it will from my PC, but it has been a great way for my friends and I to recap weekend adventures. Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Reactions: Bill Houk
View attachment 7014

. . . .ummm, yes. I have a little experience with this. I mounted a GPC landing mode case to my Can Am Maverick and have probably logged about 300-400 miles of driving with the Inspire with the gimbal attached. I don't think the Inspire and gimbal are as fragile as many people would have you believe. Are you more likely to break or wear something out if you do this? Absolutely! But you are also more likely to crash the Inspire into a canyon wall or lose it entirely to the wilderness. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Incidentally, I've also taken the Inpsire for rides in the travel mode case. That would clearly be more gentle for the gimbal, but if you are taking some passengers with you, they are going to get super tired of the long setup and tear-down time of a travel mode case. If you've got the space for a landing mode case (which is nearly imposible in a side by side) and intend to do a lot of filming, I would go that route. For me, shooting camping videos is just a hobby. If you've got a paycheck attached to some remote location, it might not be the most wise way to make a buck.

I've got a bunch of ride related videos up on youtube and here's a recent one shot in a spot that is otherwise inaccessible without a off-road vehicle. It's a quick edit of some 4K video that will never look as good streaming from Youtube as it will from my PC, but it has been a great way for my friends and I to recap weekend adventures. Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Hahahahaa this is exactly the kind of reply I was hoping to see. I too will be toting the i1 around in a SXS. (Mines a Yamaha). Subscribed to your channel and here's a (non i1 related) video i quickly through together from my trip to Ocotillo Wells last weekend.

Thanks again for your reply!

Bill

Nice video! The go pro turned out some great shots! Look forward to seeing what you can put together with the Inspire. It's really more bird than one should take on off-road adventures, but the range, speed and camera make for some awesome shots.

I'm interested to see if you have some sxs videos from a fixed position using the go pro. I've been using the osmo for some in dash cam action, which generally turns out OK, but my mounts are sending a bit of vibration that are making their way to the final cut. My new years and 1000 dead brain cells videos are entirely x3 Inspire and osmo videos and really highlight some limitations for poor lighting and high speed sxs motion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry