Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 v1 rear led solid red

JSX

Reaction score
I am trying to get an old Inspire going. I bought it with little information, as it belonged to the sellers father. He thought it had only been flown a couple times but he did tell me one of the motors was questionable and a shop had told him it needed replaced. The 3 batteries were dead so I couldn't verify if it actually flew or even started up. It came with 3 controllers, x3, 2 dead TB47, 1 dead TB48, the original case and the huge GPC rtf roller case.

The motor in question was burnt pretty good, and 2 others were burned also so I bought 4 new 3510H motors with speed controls and swapped them in. For batteries I got 2 TB47s and swapped the tops from the originals.

Now, when I try to fire it up, the drone goes through its startup routine, flashing lights and camera dancing, but ends with a solid red light at the rear, Critical Error.

The controller connects to the drone, I get a green light on the controller and I can move the camera up and down but I cannot get the controller to connect to my tablet (Galaxy Tab A). Could be a software version problem on my tablet, I had version 3.1.61 installed, I did find version 3.1.1 and installed it but haven't tried it yet.

Any ideas on the solid red light? I cant find anything that tells me if this is caused by hardware or software? Could the Ncore be damaged? Anywhere else to look?

Thanks!

For batteries I got 2 TB47s and swapped the tops from the originals.
This confuses me, why would you take 2 perfectly good new (?) batteries and swap the tops. I'm not saying this is your issue, but maybe I missed something in Inspire 1 101, never knew that to be e "thing"

This confuses me, why would you take 2 perfectly good new (?) batteries and swap the tops. I'm not saying this is your issue, but maybe I missed something in Inspire 1 101, never knew that to be e "thing"

The new batteries are 'TB47S' made for the Matrice, same cells as the 'TB47' for the I1 but different circuit board and plastic top.

The new batteries are 'TB47S' made for the Matrice, same cells as the 'TB47' for the I1 but different circuit board and plastic top.
A I get it, sorry, thought the "s" was for plural hahahahah

Did you change out

Did you change out the C/B ?

Yes,

I did find out the battery is causing the solid red. An I1v2 came up for sale near me cheap so I grabbed it, and it came with a good TB47 and a 48. With a good battery the red light problem is gone, but now I get a fast flashing yellow, lol.

I got a chance to fly the v2 yesterday and wow, I see why people still love these things! My only drone experience has been a Mini 2 I got a couple months ago, love the mini but man, the Inspire is impressive in the air!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa