Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 V2.0 X3 - 4K & 2.7K recording issues

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm fairly new to all this and the Inspire 1 V2.0 is my 1st quadcopter.
I have got used to the flight controls and feel very comfortable flying.

I recently purchased a PNY 100 mb/s 32GB Class 10 Micro SD card to help with the speed needed for 4K filming. After filming I have seen on my playback through my 4K TV that the recording is blurry at some points, lags and is very choppy.

I am based in the UK so have the following settings:

- 4K 24FPS
- PAL
- D-Log

Is anybody else not having smooth recordings? I bought the £2000+ piece of kit for smooth video shoots and I'm getting choppy rubbish :(

Amy help will be much appreciated.

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

I have a 4K TV also and hate to tell you this you're probably gonna end up recording mostly in 1080 because the file is so huge and you need a turbocharged computer to process the video properly that's probably why it's choppy. Also a good program to process the video helps others on the forum can recommend what to use . I mostly record in 1080 vivid and the video is still impressive...

According to the PNY website, none of their 32GB SD cards are 100mb/s...the tops is 95. Is that what you have?

Here is the card I use. Definitely says 100.

92d69fd5f644c2a1fb8791a5da1f12e6.jpg

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

I have a 4K TV also and hate to tell you this you're probably gonna end up recording mostly in 1080 because the file is so huge and you need a turbocharged computer to process the video properly that's probably why it's choppy. Also a good program to process the video helps others on the forum can recommend what to use . I mostly record in 1080 vivid and the video is still impressive...

Ah your joking dude? So I have a 4K drone and a 4K TV but can't use it? How do I test the footage? On an iMac?

I wanted 4K not 1080p. :/

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Ok I use a 64 GB Lexar 633 card you're gonna need that much memory to store a few 4K video's it's not that the TV isn't powerful enough it's that the file in its raw form is huge, it's not gonna play that simply as just plugging it in the TV , 1080 will. The file is too big you will have to convert it first then put the smaller file on a USB not that you can't do it , it's just more of pain .

Ok I use a 64 GB Lexar 633 card you're gonna need that much memory to store a few 4K video's , but it's not gonna play that simply as just plugging it in the TV , 1080 will. The file is too big you will have to convert it first then put the smaller file on a USB not that you can't do it , it's just more of pain .

Yeah a 64GB was my next card purchase.
When you say convert... What do you mean exactly please? Won't that reduce the quality? What software are you using please?
I also do not have a laptop or PC that is 4K compatible.

Thanks

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

There's a program called VLC media player ( an orange construction cone is their symbol) you can download free online , I've had good luck using that with the few 4K videos I've done . Convert the video with that , transfer on a USB then insert that in your TV you should be good to go...

I am inserting the micro SD card into my new tv. Maybe my tv isn't powerful enough to run a 4K file that way?

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

I do the same thing... Just put the SD card from the camera into a USB reader, plug it in, play the video.

Just for the record, I have a 65" Samsung 4K TV.

As another poster indicated, I only use 64GB Lexar 633 SD cards as well...they seem to work the best for me.

I do the same thing... Just put the SD card from the camera into a USB reader, plug it in, play the video.

Just for the record, I have a 65" Samsung 4K TV.

As another poster indicated, I only use 64GB Lexar 633 SD cards as well...they seem to work the best for me.

That's exactly what I do. I have a 55" LG 4K TV. Maybe I'll try getting a USB 3.0 for the Micro SD card and see if that works :/

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

image.png This has been solid for me. Can play multiple 4K files on different screens without hiccups.

View attachment 8991 This has been solid for me. Can play multiple 4K files on different screens without hiccups.

After editing your 4K video, how do you play it on your 4K TV? Do you use HDMI from your computer or do it wirelessly? I believe quality is sacrificed by wireless feed.

Thanks

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

I personally don't own a 4K TV. I use my thunder to hdmi to my 30" 4K monitor. I've only tried it once in somebody else's Samsung 4K TV. It played my rendered and exported (match source - high bitrate) .mp4 file via a 32gb USB 3.0 thumb drive. I'm 99% sure my HDMI out to a 4K TV would play as well but I haven't tried. I agree Wifi wouldn't work well.

I've been recording in 1080p for now. Works well and is very clear. Will start with 4K once I can afford the new iMac 5K.

Eric, is there a thread on here explaining all the 24 25fps etc... Or is google the way forward for that?

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

If you are shooting in D-Log mode, you need to apply the correct LUT before processing. D-Log normally produces a less sharp image with less contrast and less colour, to be able to control the end result as much as possible.

If you need out of the box gratification, try normal or vivid.

If you are shooting in D-Log mode, you need to apply the correct LUT before processing. D-Log normally produces a less sharp image with less contrast and less colour, to be able to control the end result as much as possible.

If you need out of the box gratification, try normal or vivid.

Oh wow, ok! I really have very little understanding of all the different ways of recording and at what frame rates etc.

What do you guys film in?

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac