Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 V2.0 X3 - 4K & 2.7K recording issues

Depends on the intended purpose and desired result...

Can you explain in laymen terms what each function does please?
I like fly and film family playing, walking etc. Open spaces. Full of colour.
I don't know what setting to use and what FPS etc [emoji33]

I have to say though, I've nailed flying the beast ;)

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Oh wow, ok! I really have very little understanding of all the different ways of recording and at what frame rates etc.

What do you guys film in?

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.
I can't use just one setting for everything. Not all silver bullets that work for everybody.
Maybe some though.

It depends on the application I'm filming for. If I need a quick result, immediately viewable, or I want to use the 2x zoom (which is actually cropping without pixel loss), I shoot in 1080p, color normal, auto WB, sharpness -1, everything else neutral or zero, camera on manual.

If I need to edit later, I shoot in 4K, D-Log with -1 sharpness, color flat, saturation -1 (again camera on manual). Then I post process in DaVinci Resolve, using my own (or bought) custom LUT library, and edit in Premiere Pro.

Google Inspire1 LUT and you get a wealth of information.

It's advisable to use a shutter speed not higher than twice the frame rate setting. It is common to use the highest frame rate, which allows for the fastest shutter speed. Unless you want a cinematic effect, then you want lower frame rates. Bring the shutter speed down with appropriate HD filters. Using a good sun hood helps if you are forced into higher shutter speeds. Or if you need to shoot fast action. A little less sharpness helps in the busy shots (trees, leaves, brick walls, diagonals etc). Most of the times -1 in sharpness is a good thing. You can always boost that back in post processing.

But I'm sure others might use other settings that work better for them.

I can't use just one setting for everything. Not all silver bullets that work for everybody.
Maybe some though.

It depends on the application I'm filming for. If I need a quick result, immediately viewable, or I want to use the 2x zoom (which is actually cropping without pixel loss), I shoot in 1080p, color normal, auto WB, sharpness -1, everything else neutral or zero, camera on manual.

If I need to edit later, I shoot in 4K, D-Log with -1 sharpness, color flat, saturation -1 (again camera on manual). Then I post process in DaVinci Resolve, using my own (or bought) custom LUT library, and edit in Premiere Pro.

Google Inspire1 LUT and you get a wealth of information.

It's advisable to use a shutter speed not higher than twice the frame rate setting. It is common to use the highest frame rate, which allows for the fastest shutter speed. Unless you want a cinematic effect, then you want lower frame rates. Bring the shutter speed down with appropriate HD filters. Using a good sun hood helps if you are forced into higher shutter speeds. Or if you need to shoot fast action. A little less sharpness helps in the busy shots (trees, leaves, brick walls, diagonals etc). Most of the times -1 in sharpness is a good thing. You can always boost that back in post processing.

But I'm sure others might use other settings that work better for them.

Thank you very much for all this info. Massive help!!!

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Can you explain in laymen terms what each function does please?
I like fly and film family playing, walking etc. Open spaces. Full of colour.
I don't know what setting to use and what FPS etc [emoji33]

I have to say though, I've nailed flying the beast ;)

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.
For me I mainly film in bright sunshine mostly clear days , I use 1080p , vivid for color , ND filter that came with the Inspire ( believe it's a 4 ) and rarely ever need to change those settings...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nylebrown77