Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 V2: Doesn't require prop locks?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got off the phone with a DJI distributer and they said they have received a second run of the Inspire 1. They are telling me that they have been instructed by DJI that this new version does not need the prop locks and that the problem has been fixed.

Has anyone been told anything like this before? If so, how do you know if you've received the new one or have the first generation?

And just how have they 'fixed' it?

One would think if that was the case Tahoe Ed would have disseminated that information for the forum.

Maybe your dealer is telling porkies.......

I thought that at first as well. Maybe you're right. This wasn't even the guy I bought it from though. He knew I already had inspire on order and told me to be careful. Figured this would be the best place to come to see if the info was legit or not.

Probably using the new locking E800 props. They will be available soon apparently so it wouldn't surprise me if DJI were beginning to ship Inspires with them now.

Probably using the new locking E800 props. They will be available soon apparently so it wouldn't surprise me if DJI were beginning to ship Inspires with them now.
If they do that would be outstanding of dji. I can't believe it

How can you tell the difference. I have one that was QA'd December 29th, and another that was QA'd January 31st. The only difference I can see is around the screw hole.
The silver on the left is the 'gen 1' and the black one on the right is the latest 'gen3?'

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 146
There is a difference. The new motor is on the left and has a more matte finish than the original on the right.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 203
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 210
Not yet. They have only just been released. Tahoe Ed is testing some at the moment but he said that they will be available soon.

Have to say I flew today for the first time with props locks, easy peasy attaching and removing them, this for me is also an added safety feature so I threw it around a bit. Whatever the motors, I'd personally still use them, something to do while it's doing a IMU cal. :)

........... something to do while it's doing a IMU cal. :)

Careful with that one..... you really do not want to be touching the Inspire AT ALL during an IMU calibration. Not even breathing on it :D.

During the calibration the craft should really be left alone on a very level stable platform devoid of any vibrations or external forces. Even clipping the prop locks on whilst it is doing it's 'thing' can be enough to skew the results of the calibration.

Just a heads up..... but I'm with you... the prop locks give an extra level of security and take seconds to put on/off :)

I'm wondering if the new mounts will affect flight times at all. Obviously they won't weigh much, but the new prop mounts do have quite a bit more material and two screws on each motor. It may/may not affect flight times at all, but it's something to consider when ounces on a carbon fiber aircraft really matter. The same as putting heavier tires/wheels on your vehicle affect MPG, it's all relative.

I suspect the variance will be negligible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian