Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 V2 (incl Pro) Reliability Survey

Have you crashed your Inspire 1 V2 (Incl Pro)

• Yes - Mechanical failure (prop/airframe/solder joints)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Signal Failure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The I1 is rock solid. Indeed, when flown inside the operating specs.
Never crashed it once.

But the app and firmware updates are tricky. DJI always gave little or no info on what really changed in a new firmware (just the teasing stuff like 'less no fly zones' or that insanely stupid 3 second CSC delay the 'Public' seems to be glad about). I can't even explain it in my Operational Manual. Not trying to. I just got news from NL-CAA that after every firmware (aircraft and/or RC) update we MUST have our birds tested again by an accredited testing and certification company. That's lots of cash going down the drain.

I never mentioned the fact (to NL-CAA) that our 'beloved' GO app, which is an important part of the ground station, providing the telemetry and warnings (the rest is really not interesting), updates about once a week (without ANY notice of relevant changes, I don't care about Director or all the other useless funny stuff). Meaning that the lay out of the telemetry information on the screen (relevant because it is described in my OM) is often also changed without prior notice, just because the Chinese happen to like it differently all of a sudden. Meaning that I would have to have my ground station officially checked as well. No thanks.

I try not to update GO. But every now and then a new update sneaks in or just forces itself in. Having it on both Android and IOS devices doesn't help as well. Yesterday the Android GO app demanded me to download and install an update before it even would let me go past the (insert a capital F word here) Mavik screen. No way Jose. Not doing it if I can help it.

Operating professionally with a consumer toy (even if it is a pro design like the I1) is almost impossible so it turns out. If only DJI gave pro users the option to lock out firmware updates (and stop the nagging as well) and apps (and get rid of the fun stuff).......I feel the F word comes to mind again, sorry.
And unfortunately GS Pro hasn't taken things much further. I feel your pain.

Reactions: lake_flyer
I have had far more headache from the Go app than the inspire. I have flown, the I1 in all configurations and it's very solid. When I fly the RAW camera, a bit under powered, but still solid. It's an amazing airframe.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg