Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 vs Voyager 3

Reaction score
Does anybody have the Voyager 3 as well, or at least have flown it to some extent and has some information about it?
I´m wondering a bit about the differences between them and pros and cons on them, as well as flight characteristics.

I guess the FPV in the Inspire 1 is at a totally different level since it uses the digital lightbridge technology while i guess the Voyager 3 only has the usual analog 5,8 Ghz FPV?

Is the Voayger 3 considered a not as good machine as the Inspire 1?

Never seen such a blatant reverse engineering job. Well I have but not for drones... Haha their website looks like it was made by a child, who can't speak English. Pass...

So you mean it is a poor quality build?
Well i had my suspicions that it is not up to the quality of the Inspire, but i thought it would not be that bad?

The Voyager was never an attempt at a long term product. It was quickly released with little research and probably off of just a prototype Inspire. It is the type of thing they plan on selling very few of but make a ridiculous amount of money with by charging so much because people think it may be comparable. In actuality, it is not much more than those $100 quads you find on eBay with a few bells and whistles all in a much shinier package. Do not be fooled by the quick attempt to make money off of people who do not know better.

The Voyager was never an attempt at a long term product. It was quickly released with little research and probably off of just a prototype Inspire. It is the type of thing they plan on selling very few of but make a ridiculous amount of money with by charging so much because people think it may be comparable. In actuality, it is not much more than those $100 quads you find on eBay with a few bells and whistles all in a much shinier package. Do not be fooled by the quick attempt to make money off of people who do not know better.

Well that was no fun reading, but thanks for the heads up, then that drone is out of the picture, actually I'm pretty sure i wouldn't have bought it but now i won't buy it for sure.
Also the Inspire 1 has the Lightbridge which is a very big deal for me, i don't want an analog FPV with a lot a interference and a bad picture quality.

There's a New Zealand guy on YouTube who has done deconstruction videos comparing the DJI products to Walkera. The difference in wiring quality and soldering is huge. Enough to put you off the Walkera ones well and truly. While the DJI wiring was solid and very neat, the Walkera's wiring was cramped, messy, and put stress on the wires. If i find the video again I'll post a link.

Ergo, the phrase... "You get what you pay for."

Well the Voyager 3 is pretty expensive here in Scandinavia, the cheapest price I've seen it for is around 2550 USD, and on the Walkera Nordic website it costs a whopping 3.420 USD.
So i guess the old saying "you get what you pay for" is not applicable to the Voyager 3.

Last edited:
There's a New Zealand guy on YouTube who has done deconstruction videos comparing the DJI products to Walkera. The difference in wiring quality and soldering is huge. Enough to put you off the Walkera ones well and truly. While the DJI wiring was solid and very neat, the Walkera's wiring was cramped, messy, and put stress on the wires. If i find the video again I'll post a link.

Yes please do that if you find it, it would be fun to see some comparisons and how big the difference really are, even though i have understand that its a big difference in build quality.
I was looking a couple of weeks ago for Voyager 3 vs. DJI videos but didn't find anything at that time.

By the way anybody from the UK or Germany or some country in the EU that can tell me if your country sell the Inspire at a lower price than my country Sweden. Here the cheapest price is about 2340 GBP / 3690 USD / 3300 EUR.
The prices i have found online in the UK and other EU countries is about the same as in my country.

It seems the only countries that has much lower prices on the Inspire 1 is the US and maybe China, but if i buy from there i will have to pay 25 percent taxes so the final price will be the same as here.

Have i missed some cheap prices in the EU?

Well the Voyager 3 is pretty expensive here in Scandinavia, the cheapest price I've seen it for is around 2550 USD, and on the Walkera Nordic website it costs a whopping 3.420 USD.
So i guess the old saying "you get what you pay for" is not applicable to the Voyager 3.

So how much is the Inspire 1 there? All things are relative. So you still get what you pay for.

So how much is the Inspire 1 there? All things are relative. So you still get what you pay for.

No i would still argue that you don't get what you pay for when it comes to the Voyager 3, it has not to do with things being relative.
I just stated that you don't get what you pay for when it comes to the Voyager 3 since it is a very expensive drone compared to what you get for the money.

If the Voyager was cheap it could be said that you get what you pay for, that is..not much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters