Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Almost Supports Z30

Reaction score
Just as an experiment, I mounted my fancy Z30 inspection gimbal on my Inspire 2 today. To my surprise, the drone recognized it and the GO 4 App UI changed appropriately to offer Z30 specific features. I got no image preview but I was able to pan and tilt the gimbal, change camera settings and even snap photos in the blind with it.

The Z30 fits under the airframe with the landing gear down too as long as the camera is not pointed down.

I could not figure out any way to get an image preview but the Inspire 2 seems ready and able to support the Z30. It sure would be nice if DJI would support it on the Inspire. They would definitely sell a lot more Z30s!

If you are using a tablet try to plug the USBB cable, then plug back in. Also if you have any 3rd party apps see if they will work

Reactions: mighty Eagle
If you are using a tablet try to plug the USBB cable, then plug back in. Also if you have any 3rd party apps see if they will work
Good ideas. Neither works. I tried using the Autopilot app and it doesn't get any image preview on its flight dashboard even though it kind of recognizes that the Z30 is there.

I’d imagine the motors unfortunately just don’t support the weight of the Z30. Have you tried lifting her off the ground to see what the stability is like in basic flight?

That’s similar to the z3 on the original osmo. Except the image shows up, but the gimbal stays limp. It’s got to be all in the software. I suppose there’s a price for R&D, but still, It’s pretty annoying to know how easily they can make things more universal. Even if that means 8 min flight times, let the people have options and test functionality before investing in a matrice and all the peripherals and spare batteries!

Reactions: Vertivue
With the recent price drop on the Z30 I would really like to have one for my Inspire 2 for commercial work. Any update on if it will ever be compatible? My dealer has on their website that it may be compatible at some point but I could get no further clarification. I don't want to have to purchase the Matrice 200 series to use the Z30 when I already have the I2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu