Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 case??

Well Multi Rotor aXessories have done it again following the success of the Inspire 1 Landing Mode case.

Meet the Inspire 2 Landing Mode Case

It is a beautiful case and if you have no need to fly with it then it looks like a great choice, but if you use most US airlines it is going to cost you an excess charge every time you fly as it is 800x580x300 (31.5x23x15 approx.) way over the allowed 62" sadly.

It is a beautiful case and if you have no need to fly with it then it looks like a great choice, but if you use most US airlines it is going to cost you an excess charge every time you fly as it is 800x580x300 (31.5x23x15 approx.) way over the allowed 62" sadly.

UK & Europe airlines would charge you anyway. So thats nothing new.
This is really for the Pro's & serious hobbyists as is the Inspire 2, so if you got a gig and have to travel, client is paying expenses anyway.
Horses for courses ;)

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Reactions: Stuart Covey
UK & Europe airlines would charge you anyway. So thats nothing new.
This is really for the Pro's & serious hobbyists as is the Inspire 2, so if you got a gig and have to travel, client is paying expenses anyway.
Horses for courses ;)

Actually this case would be perfectly fine on BA for example, but yes, others, Air France is one, are also adopting the 62" limit.

I get the 'client pays for it' argument, and if my I2 is flying with me, someone else will be paying for the ticket most of the time, but it doesn't mean that I'm not going to do what I can to ensure that my costs are kept to a minimum, lower costs = more profit :).

It is also worth noting, as others have pointed out, having a huge case with a lot of battery space isn't always the best way to go as you can't check the batteries into the hold, so they are better carried in a smaller dedicated battery case, thus reducing size and weight of the main case.

Either way, it is as I said a beautifully designed case, if you want every single thing in one place, and if air travel isn't a frequent thing it may be the perfect case so I'm sure it will sell well.

Last edited:
I had my Original i2 styro box sprayed with Line-X coating... im happy with the result.

I was wondering how that would look and if it would eat the styrofoam. Very cool. I like it.. And I see you even got the Line-X logo on the case.. Did you have any trouble spraying it? Any tips to offer those who might want to try it themselves?

Hi. It wont eat the styrofoam. It's pretty sturdy. But the only problem i have is that it became heavy by around 2kgs because of the coating. Just check if theres a Line-X shop near your place. :) or check YouTube videos if Line-X :)

I have never been a fan of the fly mode travel option. It puts stress on your gimbal and will ultimately decrease the life of the unit. I go with Aerial Media Pros. I had their Inspire 1 case and opted for their Inspire 2 case as well.
Do you have the AMP case? I would like to see a photo and read what you think if you have a chance. If I recall correctly it is above the 62 inch limit for the US air carriers ... they did not have a lot of detail the last time I read the description.

Do you have the AMP case? I would like to see a photo and read what you think if you have a chance. If I recall correctly it is above the 62 inch limit for the US air carriers ... they did not have a lot of detail the last time I read the description.
I do have the case. I will go grab some pics and measurements and let you know....

Ok, at first I just pulled out a tape measure. What kinda help would I be if I gave you my jacked up dimensions? So here are the specs as listed on Pelican's site: <--- URL Link to the product

INTERIOR (L X W X D)
22.50" x 21.10" x 11.40" (57.2 x 53.6 x 29 cm)

EXTERIOR (L X W X D)
24.90" x 23.70" x 13.10" (63.2 x 60.2 x 33.3 cm)

This image is of the remote cutout. In the Inspire 2 version, there is a circular cutout for your cables.
IMG_1379.JPG

This is a pic of one of the battery bays. These bays, because the I2's batteries are smaller, allow for storage on top of them. The case holds six batteries in the space provided plus two stored in the bird totaling eight. Note that because the battery compartment is larger, I have chosen to store the battery charging power supply here.
IMG_1378.JPG

A top down view of the case with the bird in it. Top left is my single remote (I am still waiting for all of my accessories from AMP. They are delayed to the Chinese New Year). Bottom right is the second remote storage pictured above. Top center is a place to securely store four CINESSDs. I will put the CINESSD station in the compartment with the battery power supply. Bottom center is the battery charging station. Bottom left is the second battery storage compartment. After the batteries are inserted, the hard case for the X5S stores on top.
IMG_1377.JPG

Pretty much the same image as above, but the X5S case is inserted.
IMG_1376.JPG

This was annoying to me, and pretty much my only "con" for this case. You will notice the propeller storage slot on the bottom of this image. When it arrived, this pocket was EXTREMELY small, I removed a layer of styrofoam that rested against the inside of the case. This made this compartment quite a bit larger and allowed me to put documents that I always go out on location with (IE: COAs, manuals, flight logs, etc) One huge plus about this case over my Inspire 1 case though, is that this one came with the cutouts actually removed! My Inspire 1 case was precut, but I had to remove and discard all of the cutouts.
IMG_1375.JPG

This is the exterior. Nothing to write home about here...
IMG_1374.JPG

Hope this helps you make a decision. In my humble opinion, you cannot go wrong with Pelican. Ohh, just an FYI, the linear inches for this case is 61.7... NOT OVERSIZE

Last edited:
Reactions: ringolong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu