Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 dropped out of the sky

Actually all DJI intelligent batteries should be deep cycled and ground tested before inflight use. All new batteries should be discharged to below 5% and fully charged until cycle is complete. (many new DJI user frequently can't wait for a battery charging cycle to finish and remove the pack from the charger before the charging cycle is completed because it was pulled mid charge the battery is not fully cycled and has greater potential to fail.) No LiPO battery can be charged without proper balancing, DJI intelligent batteries are balanced during full charging cycle, cell levels can be checked in the DJI go app before/during flight and the battery/individual cell levels are logged in the app as well so you can see exactly what failed.

Here is a link to a thread on deep cycling TB series batteries and all DJI batteries for that matter, deep cycle charge should be done before the initial charge of a new battery & every 10 flights on each battery. See Page 22 of i1 manual. (Best way to discharge your batteries is to run the unit on the ground without props on until battery level reach below 5% in the DJI app)

TB47/TB48 Deep Cycling

Please share your flight log OP

It could have been the battery was not fully cycled before initial charge and that cause it to fail on flight number 6 as you stated in the video. I personally have never seen a battery on mavic, phantom 2,3,4 or inspire series become unseated mid flight only upon crashing, the unit won't power on if the battery is not seated, post your flight log it will show exactly what happened at time of failure. Only batteries I have seen move in flight/connection loss was on blade 350qx, phantom 1 (pre-intelligent battery) and s900, s1000, and old cinestar 8 models.

I agree with Nick, previous post. I have never seen any Inspire 2 documentation that stated that the TB50 should be deep cycled. The link to the thread mentioned for the Inspire 1 caused some differing opinions back then. I have used this article as a reference: Understanding Lithium Polymer batteries though with the 'intelligent' batteries we use in our Inspire 2s some procedures may be out of date; the basic tenet of cell voltage still holds. And I am going to follow this rule:

Mad_angler1;36694551 said:
The best advice that goes right back to Blade and the others from the very early days and it is to fly to no more than 50% for the first 10 flights then slowly open them up over then next 5, also give them plenty of time to settle before recharging after each flight as well.

Then always store between 40% and 60% when not in use, fly within 24 hours of charging and as these are duel packs always keep them as matched pairs and always discharge in flight together.

Reactions: Sligeach
A tb 50 is different in design to a 47-48 self heating an I have yet to find the screen that shows each cell it just shows voltage on both . Maybe if you put just one in you could get your 6 cell reading. Bad design tb 47-48 where flawed from the start

I never buy gen 1 anything. I never download or install the latest firmware on anything. I don't even look at these things until they've been out for a few months. If you want to be on the bleeding edge of technology - the first one on the block with the new toy - you will always be a beta tester. That said...

Got my Inspire 1, v2.0 in August 2016. Downloaded and installed FW v1.08.xx (now TWO updates behind), and she's been solid as a rock. 150 flights in 23 hours. Rock solid.

Looks like DJI is going to step up. Good for this guy and for DJI.

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wild2Game