Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2-From the Inside Out.

Reaction score
Here is the DJI Inspire 2 teardown made by Heydrones. DJI always surprising with the innovations they bring. So currently DJI Inspire 2 is the most advanced drone on a market. Of course the price of it is not cheap as well, but let’s see what is inside this flying robot.

Just take a look at this technological beauty. How many small details is there inside of Inspire 2. When I just started with drones i built a quadcopter that had a frame, flight controller, four ESCs, four motors, battery and few zip ties. Looking at the amount of circuits, cables connectors, coolers and other stuff makes me hard to believe how far has the technology gone in last few years.

bcdb0317-c6c8-48a7-bf2b-e20c2fc71f5b_17-1-1024x684.jpg

It's incredible how sophisticated the design work on these copters is. For all DJI's shortcomings they have progressed copter design beyond anything DIY to an incredibly efficient and proffesional degree. It's just a shame there is ZERO competition from any manufcaturer worldwide. Why is nobody making motors with downward protruding cables/connectors like in the I2 (hello, T-Motor?)? Makes for super clean finsihed products with a well designed motor mount to go with it. Self assembly copter frame designs have stagnated in the last few years, particularly motor mount design with clean ESC integration and any form of closed system foldable frame like the Inspire (ie zero cables protruding, relatively sealed all the way to the internal of the chassis)..

The only truly great advancement from a component manfucaturer not named DJI is an integrated motor/ESC combo from a company called ZTW (Black Widow series). I've personally used them and they are great - simplified wiring is fantastic. People huff over not being able to replace individual components, but if you're a proffesional you just want your gear to work and replacing a module of components with minimal wiring is much easier and faster. Unfortunately I don't think these motors have caught on, but it's these types of advancements that have really crippled even proffesional level DIY.

Cudos to DJI. Incredible machining of their gear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84