Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Hovering instability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey Guys
I'm curious to have your opinion on that.
I know this subject i've been "beating to death" but since i'm a new member,i've probably miss a bunch about that subject.I did a little hovering test comparison between my Phantom 4 Pro and my Inspire 2.The test was done inside my home gym because of the cold weather here in Canada but i got the same result outside.I didn't touch the remote controller of either drones once they were in the air.
Does your Inspire 2 act that way too ?

Here is the Youtube link of the test:

Yes, this is my #1 problem with my Inspire 2.

Particularly on a movie set, when the director and DP assume that it can hover in place, learn that it can't, and have to reconstruct the shot to eliminate the parallax shaking.

As far as I know, this is universal, and unfixed.

That's what i've heard overall but it seem that few of them are okay ( normal )

Hey Guys
I know this subject i've been "beating to death" but since i'm a new member,i've probably miss a bunch about that subject.I did a little hovering test comparison between my Phantom 4 Pro and my Inspire 2.The test was done inside my home gym because of the cold weather here in Canada but i got the same result outside.I didn't touch the remote controller of either drones once they were in the air.

Normal for that airframe.
Please use the search function on the forum as there are numerous threads (all explaining it's within tolerance and expected for the I2)

Reactions: marctronixx
I did but i didn't find much video exemple and as they say,"a image worth a thousand words" so imagine a video...

Had a couple inspire 1’s before and they both performed about them same as yours trying to hold position. Inspire 2 coming tomorrow!

Hey Guys

It was discussed to death indeed. It is what it is, nothing can be done about. Your's is not too bad actually, I've seen much worst cases.

Reactions: marctronixx
Wow...really,i though mine was a bad one...
I've hard time to believe that my Inspire 1,which is 2015 technologies is way more stable than the newer 2017 technologies of the Inspire 2.
Anyway,thanks for the info guys,you just save me a good chunk of money...i had hope that this was somehow fixable,now that i'm aware that it's "suppose to be normal",i'm gonna change my plan radically...i was suppose to upgrade my x4s Inspire 2 kit with a X5s or X7 + the whole ProRes/CinemaDNG license,SSd drive,etc... but instead,i'm gonna sell my Inspire 2 at the end of the winter cause it's the only drone that i can fly during winter time.That kind of instability is not acceptable for me and i'm not even a professional...i don't know how the Professional out there are dealing with this...
Thanks everybody for your answer !!
I really appreciate it

Wow...really,i though mine was a bad one...
I've hard time to believe that my Inspire 1,which is 2015 technologies is way more stable than the newer 2017 technologies of the Inspire 2.
Anyway,thanks for the info guys,you just save me a good chunk of money...i had hope that this was somehow fixable,now that i'm aware that it's "suppose to be normal",i'm gonna change my plan radically...i was suppose to upgrade my x4s Inspire 2 kit with a X5s or X7 + the whole ProRes/CinemaDNG license,SSd drive,etc... but instead,i'm gonna sell my Inspire 2 at the end of the winter cause it's the only drone that i can fly during winter time.That kind of instability is not acceptable for me and i'm not even a professional...i don't know how the Professional out there are dealing with this...
Thanks everybody for your answer !!
I really appreciate it
That is why forums like these are invaluable. Bunch of users sharing their experiences. If this hover instability is a dealbreaker for you now you at least know that that's what all Inspire2 do. Good luck with the sale and also with whatever you are going to get. Not too many option out there unless you go big like Freefly Alta or similar.

Well said mmarian !!
I totally agree and that's the main reason why i came here,for real user experience.
I know at this time,the alternative are quite limited but 2020 look promising ...
Time will tell

Well said mmarian !!
I totally agree and that's the main reason why i came here,for real user experience.
I know at this time,the alternative are quite limited but 2020 look promising ...
Time will tell
2020 looks promissing? Then you know more then most of us?. Some are hoping to see I3 but DJI has been through some serious restructuring, so as you say time will tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips