Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 just for hobby?

I have the P4 and bought the I2 X4s just for hobby. Love it! Lots of opinions here on X4 vs X5 and they sound interesting but Im not a camera guy so for me its just about flying a cool looking bird and pushing its limits to see what it can do. I love the I2. Only had mine since Feb but so far no issues updating firmware. Seem like a hearty aircraft. Always gets lots of attention. More fun IMO than flying the P4 of course what can possibly beat the landing gear on the I1 & I2.....very cool looking. I2 handles itself well in moderate winds....just noticing in my flight record on the Go4 app top speed of 78mph so thats with a significant tail wind but was a nonissue for overall flight stability. You can't really tell from my avatar but I wrapped my I2 with midnight digital camo wrap for an exterior skin and it looks like a military bird. For a hobby drone, if you don't mind dropping a few bucks on it you'll have a heck of a toy on your hands. Good Luck!

BTW - Also bought 4 sets of batteries so I can keep it in the air nonstop except for changes and it was well worth it.

Welcome to the forum, @TheRider and thanks for sharing your very helpful insight. 78 mph! I think that's the biggest number I've heard with an I2. :cool: Enjoy the bird, and safe and happy flying! See you around the forum...

I have an inspire 1 and some headplays if it's for hobby flying is it worth the price? I'm also am a hobby flyer. My videos look great... With the extra cash you'll save pickup a mavic and goggles too

Reactions: Advexure
Don't waste your money on pro res an ssd cards . Hell for the cost of those you can get a x5s . I have both x4s an x5s . The x4s was used once . Don't really notice much flight time reduced. 12mm Olympus an x5s stays on it in the case . An just a heads up a good case is 400-700$ . Batteries,chargers and hubs all start adding up as well.
Phantom 4 pro does a great job an has just as many good features as well an less **** to carry around,longer flight times little quieter cheaper batteries and parts . My 2cents

Reactions: mpaerial
For most hobbyists I probably wouldn't recommend starting with ProRes/RAW/SSD, but for people looking for really high quality video that's flexible in post production (color especially), they're worth the extra money.

Sorry if this is in the wrong area but I thought I would post here...

I am looking at getting the I2 just for hobby flying. Are there others in this group that have done the same? If so what package did you end up going with?

Thanks in advance,

S

I bought the aircraft and the X4S camera initially. Then after flying it numerous times, I bought the Zenmuse X5S. When I started out, I bought a lot of batteries.

Hey everybody greetings from Brazil! I2 is another level on Drone
Flying I am 68 and was a former Airline Pilot for VARIG Airlines and have flown a lot of different Aircraft and can tell you that I2 is the best!
Before purchase mine I had the same doubts and Im flying just for the joy !
If You can dont go for the x4 go for shure and buy the x5s its phantastic and lots of batteries the level of image Quality is compared to the Nikon D5!
I use the ssd for practicity but the sd extreme card will do well .
Have fun!

Hey everybody greetings from Brazil! I2 is another level on Drone
Flying I am 68 and was a former Airline Pilot for VARIG Airlines and have flown a lot of different Aircraft and can tell you that I2 is the best!
Before purchase mine I had the same doubts and Im flying just for the joy !
If You can dont go for the x4 go for shure and buy the x5s its phantastic and lots of batteries the level of image Quality is compared to the Nikon D5!
I use the ssd for practicity but the sd extreme card will do well .
Have fun!

Welcome and congrats. I have to disagree with you regarding the image quality of the X5s compared to the D5. There is no way an M4/3 camera can compare with the best sports camera on the market. I have the Nikon D810 and D500 and they are both much better in terms of image quality than the X5s. With that being said the X5s is a great flying camera. Happy flying.

Reactions: rent
I have the P4 and bought the I2 X4s just for hobby. Love it! Lots of opinions here on X4 vs X5 and they sound interesting but Im not a camera guy so for me its just about flying a cool looking bird and pushing its limits to see what it can do. I love the I2. Only had mine since Feb but so far no issues updating firmware. Seem like a hearty aircraft. Always gets lots of attention. More fun IMO than flying the P4 of course what can possibly beat the landing gear on the I1 & I2.....very cool looking. I2 handles itself well in moderate winds....just noticing in my flight record on the Go4 app top speed of 78mph so thats with a significant tail wind but was a nonissue for overall flight stability. You can't really tell from my avatar but I wrapped my I2 with midnight digital camo wrap for an exterior skin and it looks like a military bird. For a hobby drone, if you don't mind dropping a few bucks on it you'll have a heck of a toy on your hands. Good Luck!

BTW - Also bought 4 sets of batteries so I can keep it in the air nonstop except for changes and it was well worth it.
I started out with the Mavic to fly and had no desire to create videos or have anything to do with photography. However, I was bitten by the bug and now I love creating video content as much as I love to fly. I'm now looking at possibly moving up to the the Inspire 2 and love that I found this thread right off the bat. I'm an armature and have no delusions that I will ever be the next Scorsese, Spielberg or Tarantino, but I really do enjoy flying, creating, editing and most of all, learning.

Still a lot to learn before pulling the trigger, but I look forward to every minute of it.

Reactions: deltalimatango
I started out with the Mavic to fly and had no desire to create videos or have anything to do with photography. However, I was bitten by the bug and now I love creating video content as much as I love to fly. I'm now looking at possibly moving up to the the Inspire 2 and love that I found this thread right off the bat. I'm an armature and have no delusions that I will ever be the next Scorsese, Spielberg or Tarantino, but I really do enjoy flying, creating, editing and most of all, learning.

Still a lot to learn before pulling the trigger, but I look forward to every minute of it.

Pull the trigger. You won't regret it. I love flying the I2. It is an amazing machine.

I second crappy support from DJI, I called today due to the fact I could not calibrate a lens on x5s. They told me to send bird back. The technicians are pretty much useless. Needless to say I never made any headway!

Question for X4S owners...... my P4P is nice however the 1" sensor camera cannot record 4K@60FPS without glitches, about 15 to 20 per flight. To define glitch, the camera skips about 4 to 8 frames of recording, apparently due to the inability to record to the SD fast enough, using the best SDs available. DJI confirms this is a problem, and they're trying to solve it, so they say. I'm wondering if the X4S with the same 1" sensor suffers from this problem. Can anyone in this group confirm or deny the X4S can support a clean 4K@60FPS recording? I see few guys quickly abandoning the X4S for X5S, and I'm wondering it these video glitches are part of the reasons. My reason for this question is if X4S with 1" sensor works properly, why can't DJI figure out the P4P issue?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP