Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Landing Gear Issue Identified And How To Fix!!!

Hello,

I know I saw many posts about people having issues with the landing gear getting stuck on the Inspire 2. I spent a few hours today testing and have figured out what triggers the issue, and also figure out how to resolve the issue and land the Inspire.

For those of you who don't know, people have complained that while flying the Inspire 2's landing gear would get stuck it what looks like travel mode, and will not go up or down no matter what they do. This causes them to have to catch the bird mid air, or land on 2 x 4's.

Here is what triggers the event.. (Works Every Time) as well as how to Fix the Issue Mid Air (Works Every Time)

The Cause.

If you have the landing gear set to automatic, and you slowly land the Inspire while the gear is in the raised position the gear will start coming down. If you happen to give the drone throttle while the gear is coming down, the drone thinks you are no longer interested in landing, and then causes the gear to STOP and stay in whatever position it is at. I have also a few times see it stop going down, even if you continue to try and land.

Toggling the landing gear up and down via the remote switch does NOTHING.. no matter how often you do it. So what do you do? Its actually very simple

The Solution

Raise the Inspire to about 20 or 30 feet in the air, In the DJI Go 4 app press the Autoland button, and then slide the slider to the right.... The drone will begin to decent, but oh no.. the landing gear still doesn't come down... Toggle the bird from GPS mode to ATTI mode... the drone will then stop and hover in place.. Once it starts hovering toggle the landing gear switch on the RC up, and then Down. The landing gear will then begin to lower and allow you to land

This has worked EVERY single time I have tried it!!!

DJI.... Hint Hint... You may need to add a fix to the next firmware release!!

Hopefully this can help at least one person save their drone if it happens to them..

Doesn't work for me

Along with my landing gear stuck, I get a warning on my Crystal Sky that my "Landing gear function is restored". Could this be pointing at why my landing gear is stuck in the landing position? I'm also using a Cendence remote which seems to be a bit buggy so tending to blame it for the recent mishaps.

Just called DJI and the "Landing gear function is restored" warning upon startup meant I need to send this bird in. Crap! Luckily it's just barely within warranty.

Hi! just got this message aslo, were you able to get it running? What was DJI's verdict? Thanks!

To day open the inspire to see whats happening Inside the motor on the top of the shaft work great. i turn the shaft 1/2 turn and all is ok.

I think when put the landing mode the motor make to mutch stress on the bottom shaft, this is why it was stuck there. The motor was not stronger to get out the stress on the bottom to get the landing gear up.

I made 25 min of up and down legs. Take off and landing and the problem gone for now.

Maybe post this issue on other forum gonna help a lot of poeple

If you dont whant to open the inspire try this
1-put the inspire on box just in the center, the landing leg no touching the ground
2-put one battery on and open your remote and the inspire
3-waiting for the star up finish and you will see your Red led on the inspire.
4-try to move your landing whit the button on your remote. If you hair the motor trying to move .08 sec and is not.
5-put your hand on the legs boom. Force just a little bit leg to move on is direction up or down.
6-If the legs move free your hand on the boom.

And envoy your new inspire

sorry for my english i am french but hevery body talk english
Thanks

Pierre Grenier

I post it on dji forum
? ? ...sorry for my tears, I am Italian ?

yes snow is an issue. I had something else though on two recent flights above snow landscape and the landing place: landing gear lowered fine and all that but I still got a message everytime like „landing gear malfunction„ or so, I don‘t recall the exact text.

but landing gear lowered nicely. but thanks for all the tips anway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6