Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Landing gear not returning to full landing position

Reaction score
We've been experiencing an issue with the landing gear not fully returning to the proper position for landing. Upon takeoff, the gear raises for flight but when landing, the gear will not fully extend causing the camera and gimbal to contact the ground with the legs. Interestingly, we can get it to full deploy by following the procedure of pushing the power button 5 times quickly. It looks like the worm gear (or whatever it is) isn't cranking the legs down completely in flight.
We returned it to DJI and were told it had been repaired. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

First suggestion, this should be in the Inspire 2 Help section which I have now moved it to.
Second suggestion, try utilizing the search function on the forum since most problem have been encountered previously and a simple search will usually yield results and solutions.
Inspire 2 Landing Gear problem
Landing gear issue

Third suggestion - do not use ‘auto landing gear’. It is a pointless gimmick at best.

Okay - first time using this forum, so apologize for doing it wrong. And I'm not using auto land, we're triggering the gear from the cendence.
I'll review the forum for similar posts.

Thanks. I think.

Last edited:
Okay - first time using this forum, so apologize for doing it wrong. And I'm not using auto land, we're triggering the gear from the cendence.
I'll review the forum for similar posts.

Thanks. I think.
Great - if after reading through the other post and recalibrating the vision positioning sensors it doesn’t solve your problem come back and we can try and help. :)

We've been experiencing an issue with the landing gear not fully returning to the proper position for landing. Upon takeoff, the gear raises for flight but when landing, the gear will not fully extend causing the camera and gimbal to contact the ground with the legs. Interestingly, we can get it to full deploy by following the procedure of pushing the power button 5 times quickly. It looks like the worm gear (or whatever it is) isn't cranking the legs down completely in flight.
Thanks.
It could be many things causing this. But once it gets repaired I would suggest to adopt as a standard procedure to always lift the drone off the ground with both hands before the transformation from transport to landing position takes place. By doing this with the drone resting on the ground, it puts lot of stress on the motor and the worm screw. If you do the transformation frequently on an uneven rough surface, gravel or grass or similar, the forces the motor needs to overcome are significant and will likely lead to premature wear or failure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joseph perez
A colleague recently suffered the same problem on his I2. Drone Nerds in Tampa, Florida, corrected it by lubricating the worm gear, which he does himself now regularly.

Thanks.

Any updates? My Inspire is now suffering the same issue. The landing gears do not go down smoothly, it kind of struggles; and it stops at length of the gimbal. If I click the raise switch and then immediately down again, it will fully go down. My factory warranty and DJI refresh is over in May 2019. Should I send it in to DJI?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo