Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 not recording onto SSD

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m facing a problem with my inspire 2.
Suddenly the drone isn’t able to record onto my SSD, only SD.
It just states “Not recording” and even though I’ve marked ProRes 4444 as the preferred recording format, the option below that setting is just greyed out.
The license is active.

Does anyone have an idea?

Reactions: Steele702
Hello everyone,

It just states “Not recording” and even though I’ve marked ProRes 4444 as the preferred recording format, the option below that setting is just greyed out.
The license is active.

Since you didn't mention reformatting the SSD, reformat the SSD. Make sure it can be seen in the Windows or Apple environments.

D

Hello everyone,

The license is active.

Donnies suggestion would be 1st. Is SSD Readable in Reader on Notebook? Can it be formated? If neither, do you get same results from a 2nd SSD card in I2? Possible bad SSD... they do fail due to static shock or simply MTBF failures.

If above all good and still no indication card is inserted.
While I2 is Powered On, can you insert & extract SSD with any messages popping up on Go4 App? Is card visible on 3rd Party App... Litchi is I2 SSD aware, have you tested Litchi. If good, then pull Go4 off and reinstall as a test.

After all that fails, then you may be where I've experienced a year or so back. I had previously changed my Battery Bay on I2 (ejection broke) and after reassembled, all was normal for months.

Then suddenly lost SSD detection one crisp unexpected morning. I assumed something to do with battery bay replacement & physical SSD Slot. Disassembled and all looked great; but the cable from SSD slot to the Nose main board after removing mainboard covers, was a little pulled out of it's micro socket. Pushed it back onto socket, reassembled craft and all worked great. Loose SSD Interface cable connection the cause.

My assumption is 1)vibration lossened, 2) a possible harder landing than remembered may have flexed frame pulling on cable slightly, 3) Sh#t Happens and it simply came loose.

It's a little pain to get to, but if needed... take your time, note disassembly order, watch the various cables going back together to avoid frame or cover pinches.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44