Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 POI Not Centered

Reaction score
Website
veuwraerials.com
I've been trying to fly a perfect circle around an object over the last few days and I cannot keep the object perfectly centered no matter what I do.

I've tried POI Mode. I set the center point perfectly and then go farther out. The object is pretty noticeably off center and I can do a better job hand flying. This is with a 25mm lens on the x5s. I tried Spotlight pro and that did even worse.

Is there a secret to flying perfect circles with the object centered or is it impossible without dual operators? Do any of the apps like Litchi do a better job with POIs?

There are two things involved: 1) flying in a circle, and 2) keeping the object in the center of the frame.

POI mode does a pretty good job of flying in a circle, but doesn't really help with centering the object.

But I have found that the combination of POI and ActiveTrack does an amazing job.

Here is an (ungraded) example. Place your mouse cursor on the lighthouse lens and note how little it moves:

Reactions: jmm123
Thank you for your response. Great footage btw!
You’re right, it does a great job of flying the circle. I wonder if I could have the main controller flying the circle in loo mode while I control the camera with the second controller

ActiveTrack is much better at tracking an image than a human. I recommend ActiveTrack whenever it can be used.

Spotlight is really what you want to use.....
create your circle with POI, then center your object and mark it with spotlight - that's it......I do this all the time for my real estate videos.....

I too have had issues with setting the radius (using DJIgo4) after the center point is set. Once the center point is set, DJIGO 4 displays another screen for the radius, but also shows changes in the controller controls. I have not been able to get the radius controls to work. Has anyone seen this or know the proper way to do this while in the middle of a flight (POI)?

Spotlight is probably your better option here. It will stay fixed on whatever the poi is. All you need to do is fly the I2 and forget about what the camera is seeing. It WILL be on the POI. One thing to keep in mind is when the gimbal reaches the maximum turning point, the I2 will spin wildly like it is out of control. But its not. It is just repositioning itself. Albeit, a pucker moment! Just be aware of it so you don't need a change of undergarment :) And BTW, when it goes through the gyration, you will not even see it on the product. Its as stable as ever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo