Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 prop attachment

Wondering a bit about the props on my Inspire 2. One of the props seems to have a little play in it after attaching - maybe about 1/4" throw at the end? And wondering if anyone else has an issue with the locking ring being tough to turn?
This has been a known issue for a while. This is one thread of many:

Easy Fix for Red Props

This has been a known issue for a while. This is one thread of many:

Easy Fix for Red Props
Thanks - I just read those threads. All my props rattle if I spin them manually - but I don't know if that's a problem or not. Someone suggested putting a small piece of foam into the center of the prop.

Reactions: Lesmess
I got tired of messing with these and always fearing motor damage or a prop flying off.
I went to Heliengaden folding CF props and have not regretted it once.
Well worth every penny.

Zj.jpg

Reactions: DavidB
Thanks - I just read those threads. All my props rattle if I spin them manually - but I don't know if that's a problem or not. Someone suggested putting a small piece of foam into the center of the prop.

The new I2 prop versions have a small piece of foam in their hub. This negates the rattle. When engaged there is no rattle and DJI has stated many times that there should be no concern. As lock as they are properly locked you are good to go. You can reach out to your dealer or DJI if you never received the prop version with the foam piece and replacements will be swapped out.

Keep in mind that propeller modifications or any third party modifications to DJI equipment void warranty according to DJI service policies.

The new I2 prop versions have a small piece of foam in their hub. This negates the rattle. When engaged there is no rattle and DJI has stated many times that there should be no concern. As lock as they are properly locked you are good to go. You can reach out to your dealer or DJI if you never received the prop version with the foam piece and replacements will be swapped out.

Keep in mind that propeller modifications or any third party modifications to DJI equipment void warranty according to DJI service policies.
Ah thanks. Bought it used. If I buy new props they have the foam insert?

Ah thanks. Bought it used. If I buy new props they have the foam insert?

Correct, new props on the market should all be the newer version with the foam inserts. I can guarantee you that our supply does have these foam inserts. This change was many months ago so everything out there should be the newer version now.

Link here: DJI Inspire 2 1550T Quick Release Propellers

Having had a P1, P2, P4, I1 and now an I2 and Mavic Pro, I'm not sure how many posts I've read about issues of how the props attach to the motors, how they may be loose, rattle, fly off etc. I fly my I2 with the Heliengaden folding CF props, as pictured above by AeroMirage, and have never looked back. The physical attachment between the props and the motors is clearly very strong. The performance of the I2 is still impressive and it appears DJI has come to the party, as with recent updates to the craft, App, remote etc. the error message about flying with high altitude props at low altitude has gone away. I would thoroughly recommend them.

I picked up the new T-Motor CF winglet props from Florida Drone Supply. The new props are of very high quality and can’t wait to fly them.

All the best
RichJ

The T-Motor folding props that we stock are not available in the smaller size that the Inspire 1 requires. We do stock the Heliengadin folding props for the I1.

Inspire 1 Folding Props by Heliengadin
Believe me, I have looked at them on your site several times. But the T-Motor ones look so awesome! I do like their features a bit better too.

So I don't hijack this thread any further, can you post some better pics of the Heliengaden ones in a new thread? There doesn't seem to be any real good pics of them.

Believe me, I have looked at them on your site several times. But the T-Motor ones look so awesome! I do like their features a bit better too.

So I don't hijack this thread any further, can you post some better pics of the Heliengaden ones in a new thread? There doesn't seem to be any real good pics of them.

Will do, I will send you a PM when I do. Look for it in about 45 minutes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool