Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Easy Fix for Red Props

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

There is a very simple fix for this. I bought an Inspire 2 and within 8 flights or so the red props were starting to get loose. I kept playing with different materials to make shim stock out of and finally wound up using typing paper for the shim stock. It is roughly 1 tenth of a mm thick. I cut two 30 mm long by 3 mm wide shims and place them between the top of the locking clamp and the part that is bolted to the motor. Then just place the prop in position and lock the clamp. I orient the two shims so that they will be perpendicular to the locking hub handles once they hubs are in the locked position. With the shims in place I have put about 30 flights on the machine and the red props have not loosened up the slightest bit. Yes, it is a little bit of a pain if you are constantly taking the props on and off, but it is a cheap and quick fix that works.

Wayne Mann

Its not just the Red Props. Easiest log term fix is to replace the retaining clip goal posts with one of the white ones. Simply scratch off the white and replace with some red nail varnish. Then no need for shims, plastic, foam or anything. Only down side is they become stiff to remove like the White props but do lock with a reassuring click and no noise ever.

I will have to get some of those and give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

Wayne

you should have them free in the I2 box when it was shipped. just be careful when you remove the screws as they are locktite the goal posts can be used in white or red position but the white ones are a little larger so fit better

Hi guys,

There is a very simple fix for this. I bought an Inspire 2 and within 8 flights or so the red props were starting to get loose. I kept playing with different materials to make shim stock out of and finally wound up using typing paper for the shim stock. It is roughly 1 tenth of a mm thick. I cut two 30 mm long by 3 mm wide shims and place them between the top of the locking clamp and the part that is bolted to the motor. Then just place the prop in position and lock the clamp. I orient the two shims so that they will be perpendicular to the locking hub handles once they hubs are in the locked position. With the shims in place I have put about 30 flights on the machine and the red props have not loosened up the slightest bit. Yes, it is a little bit of a pain if you are constantly taking the props on and off, but it is a cheap and quick fix that works.

Wayne Mann
There is already a long thread (with bodges/fixes/sticking plaster/gaffer tape remedies) - where you double posted this post under #283

Problems with "red Colour Props"

This one closed

Reactions: Viper Pilot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElwoodLope