Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 rudder stick

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues turning . Mine goes either real slow or real fast but will not stop once I let off . It'll continue to turn unless I counter it the opposite way . My inspire 1 would stop dead as soon as I left off . I played with gains an expos didn't change. Anyone having this issue.
I have quick spin on don't know if that's the problem. Other than that no problems

It was mention in a thread on DJI Forum, The cure was to reboot the R/C and reattach after. To be on the safe side after he done that he also updated the DJI GO 4 and reinstalled the firmware on the I2.

You serious everything works fine except for the way it turns . It just turns an I have to overcompensate to stop it

It was mention in a thread on DJI Forum, The cure was to reboot the R/C and reattach after. To be on the safe side after he done that he also updated the DJI GO 4 and reinstalled the firmware on the I2.
Do you have that thread Dr Jon

Im sure there is a problem with the code in the R/C if you get ANY strange behaviour reload everything and reboot all devices.

I have listened to many with these issues.. my question to you all... mine don't have these problems.. SO?

Thanks . I cannot find firmware for the bird . I see everything else besides that .

Go fly your I2 and try the following:

1) reset your gains/exp to default settings.

2) Put ithe inspire in the air and spin it on the spot and let go of the yaw stick. If the I2 keeps spinning, then use the mode switch on the RC to change to ATTI mode. If the I2 stops immediately, then try the following ...

3) Switch the gimbal/camera from Follow Mode to Free Mode - think it's about the 3rd or 4th icon down on the left side of DJI Go. Looks like an arrowhead with a green top. When you switch to free mode it turns to an arrow with a curved line around it. In free mode, you can pan/yaw the gimbal using the RC controls, try Yawing the I2. If it yaws freely and stops yawing when you let go of the sticks, then check the following setting...

4) got to settings by clicking on the "..."->Gimbal->Advanced Settings->Gimbal Yaw in Follow Mode-> make a note of the value it's set to then try setting it to 0. Switch back to P-GPS mode and set the Gimbal to Follow Mode. Try yawing the I2 and it should stop instantly you let go of the sticks.

If steps 1-4 don't help, then the problem lies elsewhere.

Hope that Helps...

None of that does it I've had an I1 an I've played with expo an gains nothing changes it .
I can't find the firmware to RE download it

Did anything change when you switched to ATTI?

Do check it. I found that the Gimbal Yaw in Follow Mode overrides *any* of the other EXP settings for gimbal and aircraft yaw. It's not a setting you exepct to have such a behaviour - set the value to 100 and you pretty much can't turn the aircraft at all as it takes so long to respond! Anything above 40 generally has the yaw lag showing and the aircraft responding like it's drunk!

It does it in every mode . I'm going to run some more batteries through it an RE download go4 app

1) Try using Assistant 2 to refresh the I2 Firmware. You should be able to redownload and reinstall the same version. Don't start the I2 up yet.
2) Delete the DJI Go app, power down and restart the iPad/Android device (should hopefully make sure any DJI Go settings files are deleted), then reinstall the Go4 App.
3) With the I2 still off, turn on the RC, start up the Go4 app and do a stick calibration.
4) Now put the camera in the I2 and power it up.
5) Do an IMU calibration.
6) Do a compass calibration.
7) Do a Gimbal calibration.
8) Don't touch the Exp/Gain settings!
9) Cross your fingers & try flying.
10) Just for interest, try flying without the Gimbal and see if there's any difference.

If nothing changes after all that, then you might need to talk to DJI or whoever you bought it from :(....

Good luck!

Reactions: Ftolino
Yeah I have a couple pads an cells . I upgraded firmware then refreshed it twice. Deleted go 4 . Everything is working I just have the flu don't feel like going outside. I'll try it tomorrow and let you know. Thanks for the help

I've read where someone had the same issues and after running a couple sets of batteries through it,it worked fine . We'll see tomorrow. Much appreciated Nick an Dr Jon

try doing a "reboot" on the R/C

Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons TURN ON the controller.
You will need to reattach the R/C to your I2 you can find this in the manual

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
varinda