Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Service Nightmare--Advice??

Reaction score
I recently shipped my Inspire 2 to the DJI service facility for repair and I've since gotten stuck in a nightmare customer service loop. Wondering if anyone else has figured out how to navigate this world.

My landing gear servo stopped working reliably, and while I've been able to still raise/lower the booms with a small screwdriver when needed, obviously it finally got annoying enough that I wanted to get it repaired. Seems like I'm not the first person to have this problem so I wasn't too worried about getting it fixed. BUT, when I sent it to DJI's repair facility, things kinda went sideways. The repair quote I got back covered:
- A replacement nose cover and top shell, which both had some scratches on them. Just cosmetic.
- A set of DJI quick release prop mounts, which I had removed because I'm using 3rd party folding carbon props.
- A new motor, to replace one that had a scratch on it. Again, superficial.
- Vision sensor calibration. Could take or leave this. I never have them enabled.
All of that totaled about $250 worth of parts and labor. But absent from the quote was anything related to the landing gear servo, which is the main reason I sent the drone in for repair. I could see myself just agreeing to all that other stuff potentially if it meant I could also get the landing gear working again. I'm a believer in path of least resistance. But after going around and around in circles on the phone and by email with DJI customer service, I can't get anyone to either remove the repairs I don't want or even evaluate the landing gear servo. It's like they're stuck on the superficial stuff and refuse to dig deeper until I agree to let them fix that stuff. But I'm also pretty sure that if I agree to let them fix all that stuff, they'll just send the aircraft back with the landing gear servo untouched.

How the heck do I get myself out of this?! The last step I can think of is telling them "forget it," paying some kind of evaluation fee, and having them ship it directly to Drone Nerds, who actually seem like living, breathing humans.

Thanks for any insights.

No fun. Thanks for the lesson though.
Probably why there are other repair avenues besides DJI.

This doesn't answer your question but I can kind of relate. I crashed my drone in a heavily brushed river bank. By the time I found my drone, 3 of the 4 rotors were burned out. In the fear of crashing in the drink, I failed to consider powering down the machine. Purchased at Best Buy, I took it in for service. After they had it for a few weeks they ended up shipping it to CA to DJI. How the damage was beyond the Dallas facility is beyond me. Anyway, DJI-CA had it for another few weeks before I got it back. It was fixed and between the two repair facilities, one of them lost my gimbal dust cover and won't replace it.

I have had excellent results with DJI service they sent me packing and a itemized quote covering everything after a tree got in my way at full tilt on my I1.

I have had problems with getting Care Pak help on my Mavic 2 they want so much information because it had been flown once that i gave up. I hope I do not have problems with I2 which is still new with 0 flights.

A local dealer in Chicago area noted he rarely fixes any crashes and suggested DJI repair service.

I can’t believe the i2 still has this problem the I1 has! After hearing similar stories, I decided to fix it myself which was a pain but only took a few hours after receiving a new center frame assy with the replacement servo.

I posted a duplicate version of this note on the official DJI forum and I pretty quickly got an email directly from DJI saying that my case had been "escalated." Guess we'll see what happens next...

Steve--at this point I definitely wish I had gone the DIY route for this. My machine's been gone for over a month now and I'm no better off...glad that I haven't needed it for any jobs.

Find a nearby college that teaches Mandarin.... Pay a small fee for someone to speak to DJI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop