Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 spares

Reaction score
Hi all

Does anyone know where we can get the image processing part of the and gimbal mount of the inspire 2? My friend and I are looking at putting it on a custom-made hexacopter.

Many thanks

i dont think that part would be easy to get.. i am curious about how is ur friends install the image processing part and gimbal on ur custom make hexacopter. while is only compatible for inspire 2 rc , imu etc etc... dont think it will work on othet 3rd party flight controller or transmiter...

Yeah that's what I thought! The alternative is we by a complete Phantom 4 pro/inspire 2 and then cannibalise it for parts.

We have found a local company willing to make a custom-made hex and they have said we can have any camera system we want on it. As I am physically disabled and can only use a mouse to control a tablet the DJI camera systems seem ideal. My friend who will be the pilot is a bit of a hex fan as we will have redundancy in the rotors. The company have also said they can get at least 40 minutes flight time out of one of their batteries. As we cannot afford the M600 this the next best thing.

Reactions: fei8820
intresting... but i doubt they dont have the camera control like iso or apature setting.. i have a tarot 650 hexa sport but extended the carbon rod . with 375kv 17inch props with 6s paraller 10c discharge it give me 45min... i am using naza m only... using a gimbal on sony rx100 camera around 30min flight time .. but i sell it in the end .. and get inspire 1 and now i have 2

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not completely sold on the idea either but I am not the pilot! I do all the research and only get a say in what cameras we use!

For what you're looking to do I would say spend the money it be well worth the Peace of Mind

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Reactions: fei8820
If you want to build something ... buy a hex, s800 s1000 etc. an N3 and gimbal plus light bridge 2. All are redily available (cheap) and ends up being a better and safer unit at 1/3 the cost.. the new N3 with lightbridge 2 is hard to beat.. with a gh4 or new 5 you will have the best.. you can get a new gh4 for less than the license fee for prorez. if you dont want to do that get the M600. With my 600 i can fly anything from an X3 -X5r to a RED. $900 for a ssd is just stupid ??? Lightbridge 2 wit N3 $1300
S800 evo on ebay $800
Gh4 and gimbal $1300. =$3400. And way less BS
Or wait a few months or year and get a inspire 2 debugged for 1/2 price. Never buy ver 1 of anything... lol, especially dji... well, my p4p has been perfect.

If you want to build something ... buy a hex, s800 s1000 etc. an N3 and gimbal plus light bridge 2. All are redily available (cheap) and ends up being a better and safer unit at 1/3 the cost.. the new N3 with lightbridge 2 is hard to beat.. with a gh4 or new 5 you will have the best.. you can get a new gh4 for less than the license fee for prorez. if you dont want to do that get the M600. With my 600 i can fly anything from an X3 -X5r to a RED. $900 for a ssd is just stupid ??? Lightbridge 2 wit N3 $1300
S800 evo on ebay $800
Gh4 and gimbal $1300. =$3400. And way less BS
Or wait a few months or year and get a inspire 2 debugged for 1/2 price. Never buy ver 1 of anything... lol, especially dji... well, my p4p has been perfect.

I agree with Katrinaconnors on building the bird yourself, however you do need to know what you are doing and also need to understand your power consumption to properly fit the type of battery you will use, Build your self there are ways of saving money and the price of gimbals that actually work these days are much more reliable.

I stopped building a few years back, mainly because of the results I needed I could get an off the shelf system for a little more in cost. If you need to build a system where you may be changing out payload, or custom payload, and you need a drone with size, then you will save money, by other wise I did not find much of a difference, and the time, planning, and testing. I found a better result buying off the shelf.

Thanks for the reply, the question started with grafting an I2 video unit onto a homebuilt diy project. Without info or schematics..i have been in r/c for 50 years and wouldnt even consider that. I agree that without a certain skill set diy can be tough although units like s800s are know products.
I buy mostly off the rack myself but own three large hexs i rummaged up.. also i would love an I 2 ... although i own two i1 raws and the last one was only $3600 new in the plastic. Dealer panic over the new 2. It is hard to justify 9-10 k for an I2 setup. And a basic one would be little better than my p4p and a lot harder to haul around..
peeps get all excited about raw and all until they see what it takes to deal with it. The video out of the p4p and x4s are fantastic... a $35 SD is hard to beat.
I just keep remembering my x5r was introduced at 6k a year ago so patience is a virtue....... if your shooting 10k a day gigs, and who has those, nothing matters but for me costly mistakes from being in a big hurry come out of my pocket.
Everyone loved THE CIRCLE but the colorist was 99% of that.. so dont fall head over heals.
P.s. Their is nothing magic about the video unit in a I2 by the way just expensive hype. The cameras are nothing but sensors..
i am really irritated that my x5 and x5r wont fit on or adapt to the 2 and i am expected to buy all new SSDs ....??? I was at best buys yesterday and they had stand alone 500gig portable SSDs for laptops for $149. Certaily they care nothing for their customers and stay up nights figuring how to hook us again and again... about 20th time for me..

Reactions: jhardway
Thanks for the reply, the question started with grafting an I2 video unit onto a homebuilt diy project. Without info or schematics..i have been in r/c for 50 years and wouldnt even consider that. I agree that without a certain skill set diy can be tough although units like s800s are know products.
I buy mostly off the rack myself but own three large hexs i rummaged up.. also i would love an I 2 ... although i own two i1 raws and the last one was only $3600 new in the plastic. Dealer panic over the new 2. It is hard to justify 9-10 k for an I2 setup. And a basic one would be little better than my p4p and a lot harder to haul around..
peeps get all excited about raw and all until they see what it takes to deal with it. The video out of the p4p and x4s are fantastic... a $35 SD is hard to beat.
I just keep remembering my x5r was introduced at 6k a year ago so patience is a virtue....... if your shooting 10k a day gigs, and who has those, nothing matters but for me costly mistakes from being in a big hurry come out of my pocket.
Everyone loved THE CIRCLE but the colorist was 99% of that.. so dont fall head over heals.
P.s. Their is nothing magic about the video unit in a I2 by the way just expensive hype. The cameras are nothing but sensors..
i am really irritated that my x5 and x5r wont fit on or adapt to the 2 and i am expected to buy all new SSDs ....??? I was at best buys yesterday and they had stand alone 500gig portable SSDs for laptops for $149. Certaily they care nothing for their customers and stay up nights figuring how to hook us again and again... about 20th time for me..
I can not think its hard to do and feel it would be very ethical of DJI to create some type of ring converter that would allow people who bought into their upgraded camera accessories for the I1. The ring would create an attachment mount, power, and convert video, from the older generation of technology to current. It's not unheard of, and I bet it would not be that complicated, you are going backward to convert old standard to new, that is to easy and probably not enough demand unfortunately, because they changed everything so fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mb920questions