Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 stuck at 99% for firmware update, now wont connect to control/mobile device

Reaction score
Hi

I tried updating my inspire 2 last night via dji go4 app however it got stuck at 99 percent. I unplugged it after an hour and now it wont show up on my mobile device, however the RC and AC show that they are paired. I tried re-paring them, this made no difference. I then tried plugging the inspire 2 directly into my mabook, however it does not recognise the device at all. There is also no option to upgrade the firmware of the RC (ive tried connecting just this to see if it gives me an option to update, but nothing). To clarify the RC and AC both have green lights, but on my mobile device it says disconnected (yes i've tried switching to a different mobile device).

I've read all the forums where people were experiencing this issue back in 2017, however all solutions suggested did nothing. Contacted DJI - they're telling me to send the unit in for repair which I can not afford to do. Any help would be massively apprecaited!

side note - I ran the update as I no longer had the option to film in D-log or change my colour profiles, and SSD recording was switched to on and was impossible to switch off.

Hi all, it now seems that my inspire 2 is up to date. However it says disconnected on the go fly app. The ac and RC are both green so are successfully paired, it just wont show up as connected on my mobile device. I've tried plugging my remote control into my macbook on the assit app, however it does not read it at all. Again, any help would be apprecaited.

Hi all, it now seems that my inspire 2 is up to date. However it says disconnected on the go fly app. The ac and RC are both green so are successfully paired, it just wont show up as connected on my mobile device. I've tried plugging my remote control into my macbook on the assit app, however it does not read it at all. Again, any help would be apprecaited.
Merged threads - please do not start another thread when you already have one running!

Hi

I tried updating my inspire 2 last night via dji go4 app however it got stuck at 99 percent. I unplugged it after an hour and now it wont show up on my mobile device, however the RC and AC show that they are paired. I tried re-paring them, this made no difference. I then tried plugging the inspire 2 directly into my mabook, however it does not recognise the device at all. There is also no option to upgrade the firmware of the RC (ive tried connecting just this to see if it gives me an option to update, but nothing). To clarify the RC and AC both have green lights, but on my mobile device it says disconnected (yes i've tried switching to a different mobile device).

I've read all the forums where people were experiencing this issue back in 2017, however all solutions suggested did nothing. Contacted DJI - they're telling me to send the unit in for repair which I can not afford to do. Any help would be massively apprecaited!

side note - I ran the update as I no longer had the option to film in D-log or change my colour profiles, and SSD recording was switched to on and was impossible to switch off.
don't know if its the same issue but I flew my inspire 2 one day on a real estate job , the next day I went to fly it on another job and everything was in the green but the djigo app said not connected , I checked the cable from controller to aircraft made sure it was plugged in , restarted both aircraft and rc still not connected on app, being on site and in a jam to shoot the property I switched to my old faithful work horse phantom 4 pro and **** same problem, I use an iPad mini 4 with both aircraft so I took a chance that the cable was bad and switched to my Samsung phone and cable and problem solved, flew 5 jobs that day with the Samsung equipment both aircraft. I ordered new apple cables

Hi

Same problem 99 percent twice then It processed to 100 percent. After the up date everything went wrong.
Sent it to DJI and they said they replaced a cable and the Main Controller Module and FPV Gimbal and Camera Module. Everything is working fine now.

I had the same problem stuck at 99% when connected to I2 via update port with swicth set as noted. I then shut off everything and restarted in normal fly mode (rather then connected to update port and it completed all updates.

Same problems, after 2000.00 in repair and more in disputes. Everything seems to be fine.,
Don't fly it much anymore. The controller caused the first crash, and bad software update caused the second crash.
Fly safe and be careful, or it will cost you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare