Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 - up / down - connection poor range

Reaction score
Website
www.leofilms.ca
We are recently having an issue with our I2. We can't keep a stable connection between the airframe and the controller. The video and control signal strength are fluctuating a lot. We tried it with 3 different controllers in different locations with the same result. We cleaned and checked the 4 board antennas located in the legs without noticing any issues with the MMCX connectors. The drone/remote also have the latest updates. Main controller board ? Vibration ? loose connector? any clues where to start troubleshooting?

Thank you - Pierre

Last edited:
We are recently having an issue with our I2. We can't keep a stable connection between the airframe and the controller. The video and control signal strength are fluctuating a lot. We tried it with 3 different controllers in different locations with the same result. We cleaned and checked the 4 board antennas located in the legs without noticing any issues with the MMCX connectors. The drone/remote also have the latest updates. Main controller board ? Vibration ? loose connector? any clues where to start troubleshooting?

Thank you - Pierre
I flew my mavic pro last week and I completely lost singnal. I was very lucky that it came back and I restarted the remote control. I haven't flown my i2 and I don't know if this will happen to it also. I wondering if it's something going on with the Satellites. If this happens again I would try to switch to atti mode and see if it makes a difference.

Thank you - Pierre

Have you tried using custom in the channel settings?

Concur with gfieldsr on channel settings. I think those settings are only for video, not control. I would at least watch the strength bars and see what they read. IMHO I do not think it is satellites. They are only there for GPS control. And if there was a problem like that, there would be a lot of folks screaming. One thing I am very careful of is the environment where I fly. I have encountered some pretty wacky situations where interference occurs. Believe it or not, but the worst place in towns and cities is near traffic lights. There is a ton of electronic stuff going on with light controllers. Ask any cop where the worst reception can be and it is there. Also, I often turn my phone off when flying. You should head out of town to a pure area with no electronic stuff going on and no radio towers, etc. You need to completely clean the area where you are standing to develop some sort of base environment to prove whether it is the equipment or not. Also, if you know someone else with an I2, have them fly in the same area. If the other I2 is doing OK and yours is wacky, then compare settings and if they are the same you likely do indeed have some equipment problems. My 2 bits.....

Concur with gfieldsr on channel settings. I think those settings are only for video, not control. I would at least watch the strength bars and see what they read. IMHO I do not think it is satellites. They are only there for GPS control. And if there was a problem like that, there would be a lot of folks screaming. One thing I am very careful of is the environment where I fly. I have encountered some pretty wacky situations where interference occurs. Believe it or not, but the worst place in towns and cities is near traffic lights. There is a ton of electronic stuff going on with light controllers. Ask any cop where the worst reception can be and it is there. Also, I often turn my phone off when flying. You should head out of town to a pure area with no electronic stuff going on and no radio towers, etc. You need to completely clean the area where you are standing to develop some sort of base environment to prove whether it is the equipment or not. Also, if you know someone else with an I2, have them fly in the same area. If the other I2 is doing OK and yours is wacky, then compare settings and if they are the same you likely do indeed have some equipment problems. My 2 bits.....

Yes, the use of the custom channel is for the video feed not control. You can usually keep flying when you see the weak transmission. How much further varies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74